The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Updates in the editing permissions scheme

Post by Omega-Supreme
Hi everyone,

We would like to announce that from now on, all users with rank 4 will have permissions to edit all over their country upon request (Meaning you'll have to ask us for it won't be updated automatically).
All existing users with rank 4 who do not have those permissions at the moment will get them upon request.

Since we introduced the Papyrus, we got an influx of people achieving the higher editorial ranks, rank 3 and 4 due to the fact that Papyrus counts the map edits differently and it's much more efficient than the old Cartouche.
That is why we are pushing the threshold for rank 3 and 4 to 100,000 and 200,000 map-edits respectively.

Please note, that all users with existing rank 3 and 4 who do not meet their rank's new threshold will NOT have their rank revoked.

Thanks,
Eyal.
Omega-Supreme
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:3246840

Send a message

Post by wl02703
bgodette wrote:
wl02703 wrote:If you're a rank of 3, what can you do that a rank 2 editor can't?
The ability to edit segments and nodes locked by rank 2 and 3 AMs/editors/IGN that are inside your driven area.
That makes sense and is a good natural progression.

It's quite a big jump now before your editing permissions increase. Maybe as an added incentive after every 25,000 edits, your driven area could increase a further half a mile from the road you drove on giving you a big editable area.
wl02703
Send a message

Post by wl02703
If you're a rank of 3, what can you do that a rank 2 editor can't?
wl02703
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
I have you all beat. After I posted yesterday I checked my points.

Yesterday - 92 edits away from level 4
Today - 100,092 edits away from level 4

Sigh. I am sure right this moment I am above 100,000 edits based on the work I did late last night and this morning.

I should have ignored my family and worked through Thanksgiving :D

I may just have to beg and grovel once my points update.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by WeeeZer14
dknight212 wrote:So if I have rank 4 but only 110k edits can I have country wide rights?

David, using Tapatalk
And I guess since I have 99k edits I have to wait a lot longer for level 4 now :cry:
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by wampcia
Wow very interesting :)
Editing with papyrus ( alpha lol ) gives profit points, it looks like a small discrimination cartouche users.
Personally I have no patience and time to use this new restricted bugged papyrus and now I have no any interest use cartouche and loose points, better do nothing :)
wampcia
Send a message
Fuck you waze/google motherfuckers !

Post by TonyG-UK
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I've updated the Editing Ranks page. Please fix any mistakes I've made.
Not entirely sure what you mean here, does locked junction just mean the turn restrictions?

"A junction is considered to be locked when all segments which connect to that junction are locked."

If so, then that is incorrect, according to my reading of:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 94#p109961
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK

Post by TonyG-UK
wl02703 wrote:
bgodette wrote:
wl02703 wrote:If you're a rank of 3, what can you do that a rank 2 editor can't?
The ability to edit segments and nodes locked by rank 2 and 3 AMs/editors/IGN that are inside your driven area.
That makes sense and is a good natural progression.

It's quite a big jump now before your editing permissions increase. Maybe as an added incentive after every 25,000 edits, your driven area could increase a further half a mile from the road you drove on giving you a big editable area.
Don't be fooled by that - as an AM, in practice you have no added abilities before hitting the 200,000 edit mark - locks are easily overcome. All you get is the number next to your name changes from a 2 to a 3. Can hardly contain my excitement.

Well done Waze HQ, that was well thought through, as usual.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK

Post by Spil
DonJ2 wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:I have you all beat. After I posted yesterday I checked my points.

Yesterday - 92 edits away from level 4
Today - 100,092 edits away from level 4

Sigh. I am sure right this moment I am above 100,000 edits based on the work I did late last night and this morning.

I should have ignored my family and worked through Thanksgiving :D

I may just have to beg and grovel once my points update.
You win!
Sorry, but I think I can beat that sob-story ;). I'm now at 60595 edits; last week, I noticed that I was over 55K and had not yet been bumped to level 3, so I emailed Support, and they made me a level 3 (just before this thread started -- lucky break there ;)). Sadly, I am now a level 3 who is 139405 edits (that's more than twice my current total :o) away from level 4! :shock:

Yep, I think that trumps you, WeeeZer -- I should probably send you my address so you can pass the trophy on to its rightful owner! :D
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by petervdveen
NOOOO!!! They must be kidding.... :shock: :shock:
The point didn't update for almost a week, but I'm almost sure I reached the 100.000 edits...
Why not leave this as it is and fix the things that are really broken??
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux