Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by roadtechie
Is this form still being monitored? I have reports of nothing being done after months.
roadtechie
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
-Roadtechie
https://web.archive.org/web/20161030115 ... s/lcus.pnghttps://web.archive.org/web/20161030115 ... ls/c6s.png
Assistant Regional Coordinator | Great Lakes
Local Champ Mentor | USA
Country Manager | USA

Post by shogsbro
It generally seems that way. We've resolved to build a database of IGN infractions, but it's hard going doing it by hand...
shogsbro
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
CM for Philippines, GCC Countries & Yemen

Post by taco909
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
shawndoc wrote:How long should we leave the place alone? Often the only reason we know of these problems, is because it is generating user reports.
I would leave the Place at least for two weeks, unless you are contacted by Waze directly about a fix before that.
The problem is that we get no confirmation of the report that we can save to a separate email box, and with the thousands of Places, it is impossible to go back and locate later.

I have reported several dozen issues with 3-4 different IGN editors.
I have never received ONE response from Waze that it is being looked at.
I am encountering places that remain on the map that I reported in April.

Both this report sheet and the one for improperly placed advertising icons on the app appear to be ignored.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
shogsbro wrote:It generally seems that way. We've resolved to build a database of IGN infractions, but it's hard going doing it by hand...
Ya, too many issues and routing errors caused by them to simply leave them alone and hope "someone" cleans them up.

The champs are fully aware of IGN's incompetence.
Unfortunately, the real damage to the map is invisible.
If an editor simply approves a PUR, that editor's name is not attached to the place, but rather the user who submitted the PUR.

We recently had a major shopping mall changed to a different name. The venue was locked at L3, last edited by an L1 (or L0). I had a college campus converted to a residential place complete with a photo of someone's living room.
We frequently observe large areas of Los Angeles suddenly devoid of PUR almost overnight... blanket approvals without any attempt to verify. Unacceptable images, unacceptable details... and every one of these approvals puts someone who should NOT have "trusted" status one step closer to being trusted.
Of course, we also have no way to prove to staff that the approvals were the work of IGN because the approving editor's name is not attached to the venue.

We are moving to an informal policy of locking any Area Place of any appreciable size or effort to L4 or higher. It's a shame that we have to treat a shopping mall the same as an airport.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
whatnt wrote:
taco909 wrote:We are moving to an informal policy of locking any Area Place of any appreciable size or effort to L4 or higher. It's a shame that we have to treat a shopping mall the same as an airport.
Where is that to happen?
Nothing widespread... just something we've been doing in the LA area.
Our L2/3 editors will work a location, then ping for a 4-6 on G+.

This is mainly for things like parks, golf courses, fairgrounds, or large malls where a significant amount of work has gone into the perimeters, or numerous photos.

Nothing like driving to a Westfield and having the image on the app proudly display "Sunrise Massage" :roll:
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
whatnt wrote:Oh, I see. It is next to impossible to find a L4+ in Northern CA, so this wouldn't work so well there. It has L4+ PUR's that have been pending for a long time. It is bound to cause confusion when someone who normally edits in LA spends time elsewhere in CA.
Ping Citeman
He's an L5 SM... pretty busy guy, but seems to spend a lot of time working the delta.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by whatnt
taco909 wrote:We are moving to an informal policy of locking any Area Place of any appreciable size or effort to L4 or higher. It's a shame that we have to treat a shopping mall the same as an airport.
Where is that to happen?
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by whatnt
Oh, I see. It is next to impossible to find a L4+ in Northern CA, so this wouldn't work so well there. It has L4+ PUR's that have been pending for a long time. It is bound to cause confusion when someone who normally edits in LA spends time elsewhere in CA.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message