The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Making a non-circular roundabout

Post by
In my slow but steady editing blitz on Milton Keynes I have found many roundabouts that aren't in the editor as roundabouts and have been updating them. I've just found one roundabout (that isn't) that is an elongated tablet shape, so if I deleted the old 'roundabout', placed all the ends of the exit/entry roads into the middle of it and then added a roundabout I would end up with a massive roundabout that would then need to be pulled in on the sides.

However I then end up with a problem that I can't necessarily get the black boxes in a completely straight line along the straight sides or forming a nice semi-circle at each end.

Is there a quick and easy way to do this?

The roundabout in question is here

POSTER_ID:

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
If you hold "Shift" when you're sizing the roundabout you can get an elongated shape but given it's only along the x or y axis it's not always very useful.

I usually just create an oversized roundabout, delete all non-junction nodes (hold "d" and move the muse over the nodes) and then reshape it by hand! It might seem tedious but oh my you should have tried it with the old editor!!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
timbucks wrote:This is going to be the world's dumbest question, but how do you delete nodes? This would be a god-send with the number of roads I've re-aligned and had to do it with extra nodes from diverging roundabout legs

And does deleting a node just straighten the road segment between the nodes on each side?
I might've edited this after you viewed it but...
dmcconachie wrote:(hold "d" and move the mouse over the nodes)
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
timbucks wrote:Another thing I noticed was that the roundabout add did not take account of level. The A5 through the roundabout was -1 but it still terminated them on the roundabout...
Yep, it's always been thet it *shouldn't* terminate roads at a different level but it always has. Just shift them out of the way first!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
wl02703 wrote:The A5 is set at a different level to the roundabout, so there's no need for the nodes (junctions) that are on the roundabout either side of the A5.
They'll be legacy nodes from the basemap import. Best to delete them really as each one adds a few seconds to the segment's time.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
timbucks, can you please read through the UK section of the wiki fully before continuing? I have come across several obvious errors in road names and connectivity here and there. Just a friendly heads up :)
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Balls, ermm there's no way so see my recent edits, and have closed the URs after I've fixed them, sorry :?
If you need any assistance grab us lot on twitter, probably the quickest way to get a response from most of us I would think.
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Could be anywhere from 14-30+ days ago, I just do the next one on the list. :)
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by kieranrawley
Milton Keynes is a grid pattern town. H is horizontal streets and v is vertical streets. It is actually quite useful when you trying to navigate around.

It's a bit better/worse (delete as required) again today
kieranrawley
Send a message
(I'll go for a run when I've got this little bit sorted..........)

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c6/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by petervdveen
Btw. You don't have to put junctions when there's a bridge ;)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by Timbones
timbucks wrote:The roundabout in question is here
Looks good, apart from the 1-way street to the south.

:)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries