The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Becoming an Area Manager - Selecting area

Post by stuffhappens
Hi,

I am keen to become an Area Manager but can't zoom the map out to cover the area I want to select on https://world.waze.com/cartouche/

I can line up what I want on https://world.waze.com/livemap/ but can't see any form of permalink button.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks
stuffhappens

POSTER_ID:4616996

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
You're best to start small, and more likely to be granted your area too!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
If you drive it every day you can edit without being an AM. Failing that includes a couple of permalinks
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by stuffhappens
dmcconachie wrote:You're best to start small, and more likely to be granted your area too!
Understood - but all I am trying to 'get' is part of West Sussex from Chichester to Shoreham-by-Sea and all land southwards as I drive it every weekday - that's a strip about 24 miles long by 5 miles deep - hardly big??
stuffhappens
Send a message

Post by stuffhappens
dmcconachie wrote:If you drive it every day you can edit without being an AM. Failing that includes a couple of permalinks
Thanks - I might do that. I was trying to encompass parts of the area that were just outside my regular driving route that I know well but the editor won't let me touch; especially as there are a couple of place/district names with typos that I presume(?) only AMs can change, plus some junctions on A roads that appear to be locked for editing but need some work.

I could PM an AM for the area but I'm happy to contribute where I can - especially as I am likely to be off work ill for the week and have time on my hands.
stuffhappens
Send a message