Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

WME - Extended Tools (fka Plugin pour Papyrus) - English

Post by
2013-01-07 Update: Note that this tool no longer functions properly and is no longer being supported by its author.

A new tool is called WME Add-Ons has replaced it.

Please see the following forum:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 44#p334169

WME - Extended Tools

(Note that the original "Plugin pour Papyrus" aka "Papyrus Extended Tools" was renamed to "WME - Extended Tools" as of Version 1.3.3)

Our French friend alcolo47 created this browser extension tool to greatly enhance the editing capabilities of the Waze provided WME.

This forum thread is an unofficial English discussion about this tool and is not maintained by the tool's author, although alcolo47 does occasionally contribute here.

All official discussion for this tool is via the French forum:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=12337

Please check the French forum or the next translation link to see the latest version number for this tool.

French to English Google translation of the current opening post in the French forum:
http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 37&act=url

Link to English Wiki for Community Plugin, Extension and Tools:
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Comm ... _and_Tools

Below is only sample quote of the French to English Google translation of the opening post in the French forum, as of 2012-11-01, and may NOT be current. For the most current translation, please see the forum links above as alcolo47 updates his opening post periodically.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alcolo47 wrote: by alcolo47 on Tue Oct-04-2011, 8:10:48

I developed a script for editing help with the map editor.
Latest version of the script: 1.6.5

Presentation:
This script adds tools to ease editing cards.
Editing tool: editing the properties of a set of segments. WME does not change the city name on a set of segment without changing also the street names.
Selection tools: selecting an area, the following selection criteria.
Tool overcomes the shortcomings of Waze Map Editor (WME for short): Clean round about.
Editing tools en masse: "Allow all drives", "Suppress unneeded junctions".
Various tools: full screen, adjust the distance snap (magnetic effect when moving from one point).
WME server load information of the visible region to a granularity of zoom dependent.
This script uses this information in memory, it does not change the behavior of papyrus and does not interact with the server. Editing tools simply use mechanisms editions WME.

Installation:
Firefox
with greasemonkey plugin:
https://waze-papyrus-extended-tools.goo ... ze.user.js
It is possible that during installation, this script is deactivated, it must therefore be activated in the menu of greasemonkey.
Since version 1.6.1, an update automatic script was introduced. If your current version is less than 1.6.1, please uninstall to reinstall latest version. Otherwise wait for the automatic update is done (for the can force update in menus greasemonkey).

In Chrome
with the extension: https://waze-papyrus-extended-tools.goo ... -tools.crx
Add permission for the installation script for windows with:

Warning: Some bugs are known Chrome
Chrome includes a mechanism for automatically updating scripts.
Documentation:
You're read ...
There is no official wiki script, I must do it. One day maybe ...

Main features:
"Segment list" Selecting a set of segments following criteria.
"Select in landmark": Multi-segment selection area by using landmarks.
"Edit properties" Edit group attributes selected streets (retaining the attributes that you do not want to change unlike the Attribute Editor papyrus)
"Clean round about": Allows you to learn the attributes of the segments of a roundabout so that it is not red and so it is a suitable type of road.
"Open in>" Quick jump on the live map and honor cartouche_old.
"Snap dist": Setting the snap distance (Effect of a magnetic Lord displacement of a point)
"Allow all drives" Change all segments are not locked into two-way and allows all change direction. Use with caution!
"Suppress unneeded junctions": Removes unnecessary seams visible on the screen.
Difference with the removal of a node:
- Do not take into account the direction of the segments (except Locke)
- REFLECTS channel type (a street followed by a 4x4 road should not be join!)
"Full screen" setting in full screen
I have lots of other ideas that I would develop features may ...

In case of problems:
If you use Chrome, take a handkerchief or go to FireFox.
Post on this thread, or the thread http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14717 English
If a bug is found, reference the bug in the bug-tracker: http://code.google.com/p/waze-papyrus-e ... ssues/list
Miscellaneous:
This script editing area enlarged in height. If this change is a problem, you can comment out the line containing:
CODE: SELECT ALL
"# Editor-container {max-width: none! Important;} # WazeMap {max-height: none! Important, height: 82%! Important;}"

In version 1.6.4: line 1865.
Last edited by on Thu alcolo47 2012-Nov-01, 5:11:22 p.m., edited 19 times in total.
AM: France - Montauban (82)
Wazer on Android (Samsung Galaxy SL GT-I9003)
[Please note that this is not the original opening post for this forum thread. As such, the following posts mentioning specifics from the original opening post may no longer be relevant.]

POSTER_ID:871703

Send a message
Last edited by GizmoGuy411 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post by Aanorn
I just got used to using chrome for everything, looks like I need to try out fire fox now. The update sounds pretty nice.
Aanorn
Send a message

Post by Aanorn
jenncard wrote:@ aanorn
I don't want to come off sounding like a boob, but please be cautious if you decide to start using this new tool. There are a LOT of things that can go wrong, and really quickly, when using this tool. I myself have already:
- Changed well-established interstates to 2-way
- Overridden my own carefully assigned 1-way streets back to 2-way
- Created totally new and totally bogus city names
- and i am sure there is more that i've already forgotten in the headache I created for myself in having to undo my own little mess.
:D understood. I have had the previous version installed for a while and I don't actually use it all that heavily. But sometimes it's quite handy. There's been times I wanted to select a small neighborhood and that landmark tool sounds like it might do the trick.
Aanorn
Send a message

Post by aeytom
Hi,
gettingthere wrote:
RallyChris wrote:I didn't recheck the wiki. The last time, was a while ago, and the forum links were newer.
Well if that was the case, you can update the outdated link in the Wiki!
The Wiki on the NA-server seems broken to me. The world server shows the correct page.

Aeytom
aeytom
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jenncard wrote:Jenni (but as I slide further over to the french world, the correct pronounciation is now something more akin to "juh-NEE")
Maybe we make it J'ni. Like D'ni from Myst.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mapcat wrote:
harling wrote:I don't think it's an issue; it's a shortcut to the same public-facing GUI that we would get if we copied & pasted the GPS coordinates by hand, just like switching between Papyrus and Cartouche.
I agree, but evidently some higher-up didn't and asked that we no longer publicize another shortcut that did the same thing.
That's correct. I was asked to not have those code snippets available in the forum or in the wiki. They can be found in the wiki from the "old days" but that is supposed to be all.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Isn't the link in the community tools and plugins page in the wiki correct?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
aeytom wrote:The Wiki on the NA-server seems broken to me. The world server shows the correct page.
You may need to clear your cache and cookies. I've had trouble for 4-5 days, but recently it's been pretty good.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please update the wiki with any link changes. It's better to refer people to the wiki page and always have that link correct instead of populating multiple forum threads with changing links.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
It does some badish things in Chrome now. Previous version worked better, though I don't use it much. After using a landmark to select lots of streets and change city name, the toolbox properties never would change from being associated with the landmark I'd already deleted. Selecting segments, etc. never changed the toolbox until I hit the permalink to refresh.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message