Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by maantje76
I have some problems with the extended tool. I had the same problem a few months ago, but didn't report it then.

If you use the tool in the area nearby the NL-BE border, it shows Dutch segments as Belgium in the segmentlist. But they aren't!

With the first version of the extended tool I did not have that problem. It was a great help for finding segments with a wrong country...Now this is impossible this way :(

Did someone else mentioned this before?
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
GizmoGuy411 wrote: I don't recall seeing this.
Well, now it is changed. Belgium segments are now showed as Netherlands in the list ;)
Some questions:
- Can you give us a Permalink so that we can check it out?
This is the location.

- Do you see the same results with both Chrome and FireFox with Extended Tools?
Don't use FF on this system, so no, only Chrome.
- Do the segments in question have the correct county when you inspect them in WME without Extended Tools enabled?
That's why I'm so surprised ;)
- Did you try it again with the "lite" version of Extended Tools? We link to it the Wiki that in turn is linked in the lead post of this forum topic.
Nope I didn't try that. But I think it should work correct in both versions. It's not that I need it realy hard for this moment. I came across it yesterday. So that's why I reported it ;)
- Do you speak French? If so, you should post this on the French forum listed in the lead post of this forum topic. If not, let us know and we can get someone to translate it to them once we understand the problem better.
Nope, but I can ask slicer to do it...

See screenshot below of the situatian now.
extended tool.jpg
(92.12 KiB) Downloaded 1124 times
**EDIT**

Now it works the other way again...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
bmitch3020 wrote: For clarification, are you saying the segments have the correct country but the extended tool shows it incorrect,
Yep, thats the situation ;)
or that there isn't a segment highlighted when you try to select it? Have you verified that there aren't overlapping segments?
Shure.

Do it in another way...select a segment on the map. In your segmentlist, click 'selection'. So even then WME gives the correct info, but WME tool doesn't.
I've been using it a fair bit to find segments in the wrong city/state with lots of luck. Make sure you are clicking the "All" button at the top of the screen after changing your zoom/panning. Without doing that, the script doesn't get the latest cached data, and trying to select a segment that is no longer cached won't do anything. I do this every time WME finishes saying "Loading road data...".
Yes, I know. It works perfect between cities. This problem is only there at the country border...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
Never discussed the following problem over here...

Selecting segments in the neighborhood from à countryborder, shows the wrong countryname. WME properties give the correct info Offcourse...So searching for segment with à wrong countryname won't work ;)

I discussed this with Slicer a few months ago. He experienced the same problems. Are we the onlyone who have this issue? I know Slicer will have à look for this issue as soon hè has time for it, but I'm surprised I never heard this from other editors...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by mapcat
I finally got to try the "select in landmark" and "edit selection properties". So far, it doesn't work, so I'd like to know if I totally misunderstood the purpose, or if I did something wrong:

1) I draw a landmark around 5-10 segments whose city attribute I want to change.
2) The landmark turns orange. I click "select in landmark".
3) All streets completely within the landmark appear to be selected. I click "edit selection properties".
4) A box appears. I check "city" and enter the name. I click "apply".
5) I wait. Nothing seems to happen.
6) I click somewhere on the map, either inside the landmark or outside. One small segment is orange, and the rest revert to white.
7) I click Save. Nothing seems to happen. The orange segment stays orange.

The city attribute doesn't change for the orange segment or any other within the landmark.

After I delete the landmark, if I navigate away from the page, I get the "Are you sure you want to leave the page?" dialog even though there are no unsaved edits.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
WeeeZer14 wrote:Could it be like the select buttons based on road names where we have to de-select and then re-select a road segment in the group to be able to edit things properly?
You are my hero.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
And now I'm sad to report that it worked only once.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
jenncard wrote:... I couldn't get consistent results on chrome, but on firefox it is bomb.
Thanks for pointing that out. Works beautifully now.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
jenncard wrote:Ver 1.2.6 released!
On the downside:
- "Apply" button disappears sometimes
Any idea what causes this? I know it happens if I forget to close the "edit segments" box from the last mass-edit before making a new landmark, but sometimes it seems random.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
jenncard wrote:
mapcat wrote: Any idea what causes this?
ver 1.2.7 released. Error was due to presence of "red" segments. Or at least that is what "my people" tell me :P
OK, sounds good. I did notice a few red segments where I was having problems before. MUCH better now!
mapcat
Send a message