The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by razor2k
Look at the leader board up to today... 100k points in a few days? How do you explain that without ET? I don't see how anyone can stay up that long, especially with the new editor :?:
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by razor2k
jasonh300 wrote:
razor2k wrote:Look at the leader board up to today... 100k points in a few days? How do you explain that without ET? I don't see how anyone can stay up that long, especially with the new editor :?:
I was referring to the All time top ten. However, on the weekly top 10, the highest one is 42,420. That's about 13,000 edits. At 1000 edits per hour, it's doable if someone has a lot of time on their hands. Most likely it was aided with ET.
You're right...I was looking at the leading score from the week before :oops:
razor2k
Send a message

Post by razor2k
jasonh300 wrote:
razor2k wrote:Look at the leader board up to today... 100k points in a few days? How do you explain that without ET? I don't see how anyone can stay up that long, especially with the new editor :?:
I was referring to the All time top ten. However, on the weekly top 10, the highest one is 42,420. That's about 13,000 edits. At 1000 edits per hour, it's doable if someone has a lot of time on their hands. Most likely it was aided with ET.
If you do the math it comes to around 1.5 edits per every 5 seconds non stop for an hour. Seems highly unlikely unless you're a robot with a computer processor for a brain.....or using ET:smile:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
razor2k
Send a message

Post by razor2k
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33218
How to get 97,000 points in one day

While I don't want to see ET go away, this makes a good case for doing so.

Hopefully the link works...this is the first I've tried this with tapatalk. If it doesn't, I'm sure you will find it in the forum.
razor2k
Send a message

Post by razor2k
fvwazing wrote:
razor2k wrote: If you do the math it comes to around 1.5 edits per every 5 seconds non stop for an hour. Seems highly unlikely unless you're a robot with a computer processor for a brain.....or using ET:smile:
Actually it is more like 1 edit per second for 5 minutes, and then 5 minutes off. I scan the area for (potential) problems, find some, take a deep breath and plunge for another 5 minutes. I take your reference to being a robot as a compliment and as an encouragement, but for now I still have to break every few minutes.

Can anyone explain me the benefits of putting a cityname on every street in a remote village, with no Wazetracks around? By enabling all roads in a village you are solving problems that do not even exist - remember, there where NO WAZETRACKS. Some day local editors will pop up and start editing. Using ET means robbing them of half the points. There is less chance that they will pick up editing. By leaving the raw basemap as it is, with all its quirks, unnecessary split roads, loose ends and whatever you burden those future local editors with more complexity then they can handle.

The current pointsystem does not discourage using ET in that bad manner and it does not encourage adding love to detail. It should be changed in such a way that you can not become CM if the only "technique" you learned is mass-editing with ET.

Sorry, there is no way you can do 1 edit per second 5 minutes straight without some sort of assistance....just not possible. You may dispute this if you want, but you won't convince me without proven data:smile:

razor2k
Send a message

Post by razor2k
fvwazing wrote:
razor2k wrote: If you do the math it comes to around 1.5 edits per every 5 seconds non stop for an hour. Seems highly unlikely unless you're a robot with a computer processor for a brain.....or using ET:smile:
Actually it is more like 1 edit per second for 5 minutes, and then 5 minutes off. I scan the area for (potential) problems, find some, take a deep breath and plunge for another 5 minutes. I take your reference to being a robot as a compliment and as an encouragement, but for now I still have to break every few minutes.
Really?......are you serious?
razor2k
Send a message

Post by rotus8
khaytsus wrote:I wonder how much work will be requires to get this script working on the new editor released today? I haven't tried it yet, I'm hoping it just works. :)
It doesn't, at least in Firefox/Greasemonkey. :(
rotus8
Send a message

Post by Scruffy151
harling wrote:Please, for the sake of all that is good, right and just, do not implement a splitting feature! If ever there were a feature that would reward editors with massive amounts of points for seriously degrading the Waze map, that would be it.
I agree, splitting/unsplitting should be difficult so that borderline roads don't get changed back and forth continually.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by slicer
there is a new version (1.2.3), with plain road type, not only numbers, and some new features, but can't tell them all :)

Is there still a 'anglophone' branche of the script ?

[edit because of the jen's edit] : do am I writing such a bad english ? (of course, I'm joking :) )
slicer
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Ghost
Android User

Post by slicer
lol sure it's not marvellous. But you do :) (in french :) )
slicer
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Ghost
Android User