Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Alcolo47
Hello,
The WME ext tools plugin has big problems with Chrome. I don't know why.

Then, the clean round about doens't work with chrome.

Select one segment of round about to clear and
when it works (on FF) it does:
- Set properties (city/state/street) on all round about segments with the properties of connected roads only for property with identical value on each connected roads.
- Set the road type with the higer road type of connected roads.
- Set the level greater than all other connected roads (this is for esthetic reason)
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Alcolo47
maantje76 wrote:Selecting segments in the neighborhood from à countryborder, shows the wrong countryname.
Their was a problem with it. But I made a correction in version 1.3.7. There is another bug with neighborhood ?
Please give me a permalink.

Note to everybody:
Because I can't read every post, I can lost some bug reports on this forum.
Then please, when you pointing out a bug, report it on this bug tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/waze-papyrus-e ... ssues/list

You can also report your evolution requests.
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Alcolo47
ispyisail wrote:I wonder if it should say

"Please add your feature requests there also"?
YES, it's better! :mrgreen:
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Alcolo47
mapcat wrote:OK, tried it in FF. It seems that it's designed to remove all turn restrictions from the viewing area. This is not a good idea at all!
Only on non-locked and non-roundabout segments .

This tools is designed to clean up no-Wazer-land.
If you edit a region alredy edited, don't use.

Choose your tools according to your needs.

Note: Their is always problem with chrome ...
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Alcolo47
OK.
Version 1.5.3: Allow all turns limited for users level 4 or higter (4 because It's my actual level)
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Alcolo47
shawndoc wrote:A) What is the scope of segments it shows? I notice is selects a far larger area than what I am looking at (when zoomed in), but smaller that the total area (when zoomed out).
bmitch3020 wrote:It's whatever Waze has temporarily cached in a javascript object on your browser. At wider zoom levels, only major streets are loaded into this cache. And closer levels, Waze seems to be retrieving tiles of segments. I believe Waze is loading these tiles when you see the "Loading road data..." message.
Good answer.
B) Is there a way to limit the segment list to just those segments that are currently in the window/zoom level? It would be real handy to update some bad neighborhoods, but I don't need to be selecting things way across town. I've set to show "Screen" which gives me 0, 1, or .5 in the screen window.
To reduce the "Segment list" selections, two possibility:
1 - there is two columns to limit area: "In screen" and "In landmark". Those two columns return 1 if the segment is fully in the corresponding zone, .5 if some path point of the segment is inner and some other is outer, 0 elsewhere. Note: The landmark used for calculation is the latest created and no-saved landmark or the latest landmark used by the tools "Select in landmark".

2 - You can "select in landmark (strict or large)" your segments and after use "Segment list" and click on "Selection". It will load only the selected segments into the list.

mapcat wrote: Plumaveloz wrote:Would it be possible to add the feature to split multiple two-way-segments, onto two one-way-segments?, I mean, "spliting" multiple segments, maintaining street type, name and all the other properties.

And the reverse, a feature that will join two parallel segments into one, where a road was split improperly?
Spliting, merging segments, I think it's possible but I have not enough time to do it.
For one segment alone it's may be simple:
For merging: because geometry the two one-way segments may be different (different path-point numbers), its very difficult to compute the "average segment", then the simpler is to use one of them as e result segment.
For spliting: I can compute the global axis vector (between the two extremity) and create another one-way segment with a translation perpendicularly to the global axis of 5 meters.

The segment geometry must be updated by user after.
But, I don't know how to handle linked segments. If I do nothing, the user have to relink others segments with the splited/joined one.
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Alcolo47
foxitrot wrote:Thanks for the Toll column!

I'd like to ask for adding the following "Open In >" code to 1.5.4:

Code: Select all

*** 1694 ****
function COpenInMapyCZ() {
  var mapLoc = getCoord();
  var z = 10 + mapLoc.zoom;
  var href = "http://www.mapy.cz/#x="+mapLoc.lon+"&y="+mapLoc.lat+"&z="+z+"&t=s";
  window.open(href);
}

*** 2030 ****
        // .append($("<li>").append("Mapy.cz").click(function() {
          // new COpenInMapyCZ();
        // }))

Has Waze have rights to use mapy.cz ?
There was problem of right with the open in google map.
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Alcolo47
Chrome have change its security policy.
I'm looking for a solution.

But, This pluging have problems with chrome, use Firefox with greasemonkey instead.
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Alcolo47
Google chrome have changed its extensions installation right policies, then now, to install the plugging for Chrome, you have to give authorization.

For windows add the regitry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\ExtensionInstallSources\1 = "https://waze-papyrus-extended-tools.goo ... meInstall/*"

or use this .reg file:
https://waze-papyrus-extended-tools.goo ... zation.reg

For other platforms, take a look at: http://www.chromium.org/administrators/ ... allSources

The other solution is to integrated this extension into the goggle store. But I don't want this.
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Alcolo47
khaytsus wrote:
alcolo47 wrote:For merging: because geometry the two one-way segments may be different (different path-point numbers), its very difficult to compute the "average segment", then the simpler is to use one of them as e result segment.
Or use one of the merging strategies posted elsewhere on the Waze forum, that reportedly preserve road speed data for both directions.
Yes I know this method, I'm speaking here only of geometry point of view. For the average speed, I have to implement the serial/join method, and after I have to change the geometry of the result according to my previous conversation.
tgfathergoose wrote:I just had to add the tools to Chrome. What I did was to save the file using Firefox. Once done, select the wrench, go to Tools Extensions. Drag and drop the file in there.
That's works, but not the auto-update.
You can save the file with Chrome itself (without FF), just go to the directory of the file, right-click on WME-extended-tools.crx file and save the link under ...
Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message