The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:OMGosh! How lame! 2nd try!

Lame you can't force embed HD.
I'm not seeing that problem now. However, I used to see it a lot in the previous version of Papyrus.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I was using extended tools last night and had an issue with being unable to deselect the landmark I drew. Even after I deleted it, the properties stayed up in the window.

That was in Chrome, so I switched over to Firefox, since Extended Tools always worked better in Firefox anyway. Same exact problem.

I have the latest extended tools for both Firefox and Chrome, BTW.

The new editor now works well in Firefox, except for the old bug about having difficulty selecting horizontal roads with the mouse. I'm sticking with Chrome for editing since it's working so well.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
maantje76 wrote:Changing a segment of a road with two 1-way directions, from 1-way to 'no entrance', results in 'An error occurred while saving' message. Not a one time issue, but always. It will also show some strange rectangles then.
I've seen this when the segment was created by Admin (6) and locked. Even as an AM, I could do any edits I wanted except for set it to 'no entrance' or delete it.

I was able to get around it in Cartouche_old, and I also found that if I connected another segment to break the offending segment in two, and then deleted the extra junction, I was able to do whatever I wanted with it.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
foxitrot wrote:The question remains, what broken magic is happening between editors and DB upon such concurrent saves... :roll: Sync errors? Access races? Incorrect Locking? Folks, if this does happen to you again, please check the remote roundabout's segments a few minutes later, whether any of them got updated (the Cartouche displays segment's changed date including exact time (HH:MM:SS)).
I wonder if another editor was in the process of editing the circle while you were trying to save. I'm unclear...did the time on the segment change? I had this happen once. The roundabout was in Oregon (USA) I believe, which is around 2000 miles from where I was editing.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
foxitrot wrote:For me it is a clear sign, that the roundabout and its exits has just been edited (by francesco_75).
In other words, francesco_75 is editing that roundabout at the same time you are editing somewhere else, and francesco's editing is interfering with your ability to save your work, correct?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Once again, it's taking FOREVER for the roads layer to load.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The hard to click segments when the segment is horizontal seems to be a Firefox issue. Ever since I switched to Chrome for editing, I haven't had that problem at all.

I'm not drunk...I'm using Tapatalk.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
There is a maximum limit you can stretch an existing road. I've run into it before. It's never taken me to a different country, or even a different state due to that error though. Did it show you a roundabout in Italy? (I've seen that happen before, albeit not in Italy)
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
llayden wrote:Its doing funnies again. this time I was locking a road in Dublin and it took me to a roundabout in Brazil. Very odd way to see the world! This &^$ing thing doesn't work.
The roundabout thing has happened to multiple people. I think we figured out that if someone is editing a roundabout, somewhere in the world and they do it wrong, the next editor who clicks SAVE, wherever they may be, gets redirected to that roundabout and gets the error.

Your issue with the no-country thing could be due to someone else's bad editing or bad info in the basemap (or do you have any basemap at all?). I think the country-wide access is done by a layer, like area managers. Your area is within a geometric shape that's been entered into the software using the coordinates. I know my country area extends a couple of miles into Canada at one point, and the roads are labeled Canada
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
shrike1978 wrote: As I said, this happens only in Chrome. When running Chrome Frames in IE, everything shows up correctly and acts as it should. I've cleared my browser cache and this persists.
Clear out your cache and cookies in Chrome. That should fix it. I make a habit of doing that in Chrome about once a week. Of course, I don't really use Chrome for anything other than map editing.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message