The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by gettingthere
palmerit wrote:To further this: IF you select a junction that can't be deleted, and use the keyboard shortcut OR press the trashcan icon.. all future edits are ignored. they add up in the unsaved edits counter, but when you hit save, they don't actually apply.

The only way I've found to make edits start working again, is to refresh the page or click permalink.

Steps to reproduce:

#1) Find a junction with multiple segments attached
#2) Select junction
#3) attempt to delete the junction (keyboard shortcut or trash can icon)
#4) after attemtping to delete the junction, make any other change (in my testing, I tried enabling all turns on another junction)
#5) press save

The junction will remain undeleted, and all edits after that will be ignored.
A couple of the Beta testers saw a similar behavior, on a couple of occasions during testing. Waze was unable to reproduce this issue.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Well, maybe. Not only did I provide two videos of this happening, I did it live at the meetup with Ehud watching. Same with the disappearing street name.
Did Waze confirm that they could reproduce the problem? It seems that either way they didn't fix the root cause if it's still being reported ...
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
There is no list of Update Requests for Area Manager's in the new editor. I have not seen Waze comment on whether it is planned or not.

We also are awaiting on what Waze has planned for the new Update Request layer in the Waze Map Editor and the RSS feeds for Update Requests.

You can always reduce the area you manage if it's too much to handle ;)
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
bgodette wrote:OMG they update the forums to add in-lining of Youtube videos and you don't take advantage! :ugeek:
He's too worried about the Update Request functionality in the new Waze Map Editor to notice !
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
underdog28 wrote:I have beeen trying to log on to the New WAZE Map Editor all day and have not made it yet. maybe tomorrow, it is slow and I know our WAZE Wizzard will fix the problem
Whoa.... UnderDog28, #2 ranked user in the US and Canada, 1.4 million points, 1st forum post? Where have you been???

BTW - the new editor has not been abnormally slow on the US and Canada server.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
deeggo wrote:Is there no way to add text to an UR, to inform the reporter what's being done, or get into contact with them?
Not currently.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Keep in mind that the Extended Tools are not provided by Waze. The Waze Map Editor is officially supported in Chrome or Chrome Frame for Internet Explorer. It may work or partially work in other browsers - but Waze has not stated official support for other browsers.

Yes, the Extended Tools add some nice functionality, but you should not expect the Waze Map Editor to function properly in Firefox just because Firefox is the better browser for the Extended Tools. The author of the Extended Tools could enhance their usability by ensuring that they work properly in Chrome. (maybe they do work better in Chrome now, I haven't tried)
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
underdog28 wrote:I would like to try the new map editor but it want let me sign on :cry:
That seems a bit strange since the same account is used to login to the forums. Are you getting an error message?
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
My exact concern with having 2 systems with Update Requests. The beta testers were asking questions about how this was going to work many days ago. Waze really didn't seem to care what we thought about the Update Request systems and rolled it out how it is now, a mess.

Likely you'll make a bigger impact to the community by just editing than spending loads of time trying to find an issue that may or may not exist.

Waze now says the Updates Requests will be synced in a few days vs their original eta of 24 hours. But who knows exactly how they are going to sync them and how they are going to keep syncing them...
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Watt25 wrote:Bug:
User Requests posted from Live map are appear ONLY in Cartouche (old editor).
Yes, Waze is supposed to change that. Hopefully they didn't forget.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message