Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by gettingthere
Yes, this is the proper thread to post feedback regarding the recently updated Waze Map Editor. You are in the correct place.

The forum is a place for discussion. So often you will have other members of the community responding to posts. Waze staff doesn't have the time and/or the will to respond to every post from the community. We are attempting to help communicate what we know so that your post does not go unanswered. Although you could get lucky and get an response from an actual Waze employee too.

Directionality of the road does not change if editing other segment properties such as name, road type, etc.

The general recommendation is to lock segments on high-value/critical roads. In the future Waze has stated that the security model will change and new editors will be limited from editing certain road types automatically as part of the security model.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
foxitrot wrote:Are they already available on the NA server? Not seen them on INTL basemaps yet.
No, the gray arrows are not yet enabled on the USA/Canada WME or in the Beta.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
bigbear3764 wrote:He did the hard part in making the roads.
The easy part is drawing the roads. The hard part is naming them and setting the proper turn restrictions.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
sreekumarr84 wrote:I do feel that waze should do an automatic joining of many such segments when they are close to each other and there are good enough driving data on this route (instead of showing it as an update request).
This would require significant logic in regards to automatic analysis of GPS points. In addition, setting turns allowed and denied would require even more analysis, although I suppose the junction could be treated as a base mapped junction and the turns could auto-adjust initially.

I don't expect we will see anything like this anytime soon. Some things are actually done better by humans than computers ;)
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by golenny
pulsarxp wrote:I Edited about 10 street and saw this:
papyruswtf.png
I hope I get so many points for it :lol:
Hope it saved successfully!
golenny
Send a message

Post by golenny
Suik wrote: EDIT: and why steamroller driver with waze on? - maybe he's just curious how it works :)
He can "pave roads" on both!
golenny
Send a message

Post by Grid64
Can more information about the cones be provided in the map editor? I know this is the editing level you have on Waze but I'm confused about it. It tells me I'm level 4. This can't be right as I don't even have 10000 map edits. Have the guidelines for the levels changed?
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Grid64
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
douglasr007 wrote:Can more information about the cones be provided in the map editor? I know this is the editing level you have on Waze but I'm confused about it. It tells me I'm level 4. This can't be right as I don't even have 10000 map edits. Have the guidelines for the levels changed?
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15400
Ah, thanks!

I added this info to the wiki as well.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Grid64
leo_lau wrote:Can anyone please tell me I should use 'world/waze.com/editor' or world/waze.com/map-editor'? Are they the same?
It looks like they are the same thing.
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Grid64
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
douglasr007 wrote:
leo_lau wrote:Can anyone please tell me I should use 'world/waze.com/editor' or world/waze.com/map-editor'? Are they the same?
It looks like they are the same thing.
/editor/ is the URL last posted by krankyd, so that is the one we should be using going forward, regardless of whether we find another one which appears to work. The others could disappear at any time. :o /editor/ is what is documented in the wiki for new mappers as well.
I'm surprised that /map-editor/ doesn't redirect to /editor/
Grid64
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message