The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by taupehat
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
taupehat wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:This routing looks correct to me as the road the destination is on is a 1-way street.
The destination is not, nor has it ever been, on a 1-way street.

Where is Waze getting map data?
Waze uses their own map and all Wazers can edit it. Check out the Map Editing link in my sig.

Here is this location on the Waze Map Editor: https://www.waze.com/map-editor/?zoom=6 ... ts=5408204
Cool, I'll fix the incorrect 1-way issue, but that doesn't explain the other fishhooks I'm seeing. Something's broken IMHO. Thus my question - surely Waze didn't seed data from scratch. Where was the data built from?
taupehat
Send a message

Post by taupehat
Thanks to both of you. It's an intriguing project when viewed from the perspective given in that "about" page.

I've fixed the one-way error and have a few other fixes in mind (lest some poor soul wind up in an abandoned airfield running over a fence).

Quick question: waze is set to correct based upon the routes I take, but some of the longer diversions are continuing to show as initial routes. What is the criteria for pushing those as changes permanently based solely on driving habits?
taupehat
Send a message

Post by taupehat
It'd be nice to have working again if possible. I can't really rely upon Waze for navigation to unknown destinations at this time based on what I see it doing with known destinations and given the number of Wazers in my area it's a good bet those quirks would get ironed out quickly with user data.
taupehat
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Even if the autocorrection code was running, right now we are only averaging one map update a month, maybe twice, so it takes a while to see any changes.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator