Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Wrong location in the Map Editor

Post by treeboy
When in Waze Map Editor my location along the top bar says "Portola Valley, California" which is incorrect. I'm not sure what the correct location name would be perhaps Ukiah if the location is taken form 15 minute quad names or Fort Bragg if it's the nearest community.

Thanks for the heads up. I thought since I am relatively close to Portola valley that it was some mix up.
treeboy

POSTER_ID:180165

Send a message
Last edited by treeboy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Area Manager: Fort Bragg and Ukiah, California
Carrier: USCC Motorola Electrify
Android whatever come before ICS
Waze 3.0.0.0

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
It's everywhere. Well, not really, but it is all over the place. mapcat is working with a database extract of all segments named with "portola valley" as the city in an attempt to get it removed from all the incorrect locations.

I'm not sure how that is progressing, but I know I remove it from segments regularly.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jenncard
Search the forum for Portola Valley and "smudge cities ". This particular one drives us all a little nutters :evil:

Post back if you can't sort it out; I'm on my phone right now, but once I'm back (or others) can surely give more details on how to hunt this monster down.

Jenni
jenncard
Send a message
https://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8358/em04.png
Recovering Waze addict, occasional driver and editor in LA.