The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by phantomblack
gettingthere wrote:Actually you may have touched on the #1 thing that people are using Cartouche for - getting around the editor rank security model in WME.
Or maybe what I forgot to mention in my earlier post the reverse connectivity bug. That bug must be squashed before the fly swatter is taken away.
phantomblack
Send a message
Wisconsin-based US Country Manager

Post by R4CLucky14
The ability to edit alternative names. This is a biggie for me. If alternative names are to produce shields, then WME needs to be able edit alternative names. I've came across roads that have 3+ local names plus 3 highway numbers. I should be able to put all of these there on the new editor, while still generating a shield.
R4CLucky14
Send a message
Tennessee Editors, paritipate in our Wikipage

Area Manager: Southeast Tennessee, USA. Includes Athens, Benton, Cleveland, Englewood, Greenback, Maryville, Madisonville, and surrounding areas.
Phone: HTC Thunderbolt, Verizon, Android 2.3.4.

Post by R4CLucky14
Timbones wrote:The country borders need to be corrected so that country editors can edit the whole country. At the moment, Cartouche is still needed when editing junctions that are considered outside the country. Oddly, this doesn't affect the editing of road properties.
That should be fixed using a layers system IMHO. I read this somewhere else, but cities, states, and countries should be mapped via layers. Remove those properties from road segments. Instead, allow editors to move city limits, state limits, and country limits.

Sorry, that was off topic.

But I believe it's inefficient for each segment to have a location defined by an editor, when a bunch of segments could easily be defined just by moving city limits around . . .

That's my personal opinion. It would also remove the need for junctions between cities.

Then Waze could also add edit rights by these layers.
R4CLucky14
Send a message

Area Manager: Southeast Tennessee, USA. Includes Athens, Benton, Cleveland, Englewood, Greenback, Maryville, Madisonville, and surrounding areas.

Post by R4CLucky14
Timbones wrote:
gettingthere wrote:Although you can't identify where you have reverse connectivity issues in WME since you can't see the turns that are incorrectly allowed since those arrows are hidden in WME.
Alternative method is to change the segments to 2-way, and check the turns, then set them back again. :)
Or Waze could fix it . . . Seriously, is it really that hard? Or just make a one-way penalty much higher...I'm willing to say this is high up there to me, but not required. Close, but no cigar. . .
R4CLucky14
Send a message
Last edited by R4CLucky14 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by svx-biker
The removal of the separating line in primary streets.

Either remove it from the entire DB or have the flag in WME so we can remove it when a street is changed.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
gerben wrote: Sort options are new, but the list function needs to be ported! And while they are programming it, please let them program a list for automatic problems as wel...
+1

Without a list it's almost impossible to keep track of all URs coming in. In Cartouche I had finished almost all URs by going just through the list which took me from on end of my areas to another.

With WME I have to scroll over and over which is not practical if you have a larger area (or areas). The bad thing for project than is that answers tend to take much longer and the reporter looses confidence.
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Timbones
The country borders need to be corrected so that country editors can edit the whole country. At the moment, Cartouche is still needed when editing junctions that are considered outside the country. Oddly, this doesn't affect the editing of road properties.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
PhantomBlack wrote:Or maybe what I forgot to mention in my earlier post the reverse connectivity bug. That bug must be squashed before the fly swatter is taken away.
The 'reverse connectivity' bug can fixed without Cartouche though, right?
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
gettingthere wrote:Although you can't identify where you have reverse connectivity issues in WME since you can't see the turns that are incorrectly allowed since those arrows are hidden in WME.
Alternative method is to change the segments to 2-way, and check the turns, then set them back again. :)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by vectorspace
I really liked the list of problem reports in Cartouche. It was a good way to review and organize the problems. Clicking on "show" brought you to that problem instantly. I don't see that in WME, which is difficult because if you have a significantly large area, you cannot see all the problem icons without scrolling the view, something that is time consuming. Would like to see this feature in WME.
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace