Drives Not showing up

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Drives Not showing up

Postby tcade79 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:23 pm

I know the popular answer to this question is " it takes time for drives to show up" and i've understood this since joining.

I'm running into random drives not showing up.. and i'm almost certain that it is NOT the "normal" time lag experienced at times for drivers.

It all started on 11-17 , i consistently have waze on for my drives to and from work and any other driving that I may do.. sometimes the drive home isnt there and sometimes the drive to work that day wont show up.. and then some entire days arent showing up at all .. then 1 drive the day after wont show up.

It's a tad frustrating .. I know that the points earned don't mean much other than it being kinda fun to keep track of how you stand in your state or overall.. But I like that part of waze.. and now i've missed out on getting my 500 miles in a week bonus twice because of this.

I will also have a drive where i report gas prices.. it wont give me the drive or the points for the drive.. but the 8 points for reporting show up.. so thats weird.

I know its working for everyone else because every day that it doesnt keep my drives i fall back in the rankings.. so obviously everyone else is getting their points.
tcade79

Re: Drives Not showing up

Postby vince1612 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Do you always have a good network connection when you drive? Often missing drives that never show up happen in areas where the app lost network connection or where there are no/fewer cell towers.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tcade79 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:17 pm

yeah, its always good.. I joined waze about 8 months ago and for the most part drive the same exact routes everyday .. have never had an issue until now.. its weird .. because i have seen before the way it acts when i lose gps or lose network connection.. so i dont know.. everything seems perfectly fine during the drives.. it still reports hazards and police to me and shows the speed im going.. everything works fine.. just doesnt show up anymore.... like im completely missing the 25th .. and then 1 drive out of 4 showed up on the 26th .. just weird and frustrating... not the end of the world .. just gives me something to do and look at when i'm bored.
tcade79

Postby vince1612 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:20 pm

Check out this help: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... #Favorites

If there is nothing there, scroll to the very bottom of the page. It might help.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:00 pm

I have heard some having issues with drives not showing up when they include paved roads. The gas reporting link is interesting, but I haven't heard anyone else make this connection.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby Poncewattle » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:13 pm

I've had a specific drive not show up from almost two weeks ago (Nov 20). I'm particularly aware of it because it was over a new area for me, I dropped some URs for things I noticed, and wanted to go back and make the edits but that area hasn't opened up for me yet. Solid cell coverage the entire time. It was a 45 mile trip. The return trip later that evening didn't register either.
Poncewattle
State Manager: Delaware
Area Manager: Luray, VA : Bronx, NY
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Poncewattle
State Manager
State Manager

Postby tcade79 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:33 pm

well now ive had no drives show up at all anymore since a random one from the 28th... i keep losing ranking so it must only be me for some reason since others are gaining their points.. oh well.. its not going to stop me from using the app.. just disappointing .. probably missing over 20 drives now
tcade79

Postby vaindil » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:09 pm

I'm having the same issues, as is another editor from MI. No drives have shown up for me since Nov 27, and I missed two long drives from two weeks ago. I made absolutely certain I had a strong network signal before turning off the app (and my entire drive, for that matter), no dice. My drives into work in the morning are usually in WME before I get to my desk, same with the way home. Haven't had anything though, and I'm missing random drives from the past two weeks as well. Another editor from MI is having the same problem, it's been happening to him for roughly the past two weeks as well.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby G_W1Z » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Long drives of mine from the long Thanksgiving weekend are not showing up for me. I drove 2 hours each way into new areas I have not edited before. They do not show up in my drives log. But the last two days of my work commute show up.
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania LAM (USA:NOR)
Waze Etiquette | Pennsylvania Editing
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
iPhone XS | Apple Car Play
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Hwy_Boy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:03 pm

I am having the same problem lately with points not showing up. I drive as a courier about 5-6 days a week, usually about 300 miles a day (sometimes much more, sometimes less).

Since 11/15/15 I have drove a little over 3000 miles while making road reports and have only accumulated 5700 points in that time period. I have been using Waze for over 3 years and never really had this much of a delay in points. Nothing has changed with the device that I use and I have the same signal strength I always have.

When I look at my drives in the map editor, the drives for this period are showing up but not near the miles I am actually driving.

I am ranked number one in my State of Maryland and ranked 95 overall. Occasionally another member (livingbyfaith) pops into the number one slot in my state and then disappears which is a little confusing.

I know it's not the end of the world missing points but I would like to know what happened with my account and why I am not getting my driving/reporting points all of the sudden. I use Waze every day, even for short drives.

Anyone have a clue about how I can resolve this? There doesn't seem to be a way to email Waze support directly or at least I can't find it. I enjoy using the app but it is a little discouraging after many years of building points and ranking to be losing so many points all of the sudden.
Hwy_Boy

Next

Return to Waze Map Editor