Drives Not showing up

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Drives Not showing up

Postby HelBa75 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi,
Still not available, my drives on 12 and 14 August.
On August 12, drive about 350 km, and on August 14 about 150 km, and their points

Tks
Hélio Bárbara

[ img ]
HelBa75

Postby vince1612 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Not so good news to announce... From memory this is the first time that it happens, previous cases had always been fixed by staff.

This is what they told us today:
We've checked this issue
Unfortunately, the drives during those dates are gone, and won't be uploaded due to a critical server error.

Sorry for the inconvenience

So now we know it can happen, but this is still a first time as far as I remember. Seems rare enough so let's hope that's also the last time.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby shmupi » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:18 pm

vince1612 wrote:Not so good news to announce... From memory this is the first time that it happens, previous cases had always been fixed by staff.

We've checked this issue
Unfortunately, the drives during those dates are gone, and won't be uploaded due to a critical server error.

So now we know it can happen, but this is still a first time as far as I remember. Seems rare enough so let's hope that's also the last time.

It was fixed in the past when all drives where on hold...that's what I remember.

I a case of a gap...they where never restored...at least this is how I remember it

Shmupi
Israel Coordinator & Community Leader & GC
Country Manager : Israel, Jordan, Thailand, Romania
Resolved Update Requests : 185K

[ img ]
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ffran » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:45 pm

vince1612 wrote:Not so good news to announce... From memory this is the first time that it happens, previous cases had always been fixed by staff.

We've checked this issue

which days are they talking about? 12-16 ?
ffran

Postby HelBa75 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:24 am

Hi,

It is possible to store the files all drive in the application folders as backup?

Tks
Hélio Bárbara

[ img ]
HelBa75

Postby carloslaso » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:10 am

HelBa75 wrote:It is possible to store the files all drive in the application folders as backup?

You can backup the GPS folder to your computer if you have access to the Waze cache folder of your phone. You can use a file manager on Android or an app on your computer for iOS. There can be other apps, those the ones I have used. You can also export your drives on WME.
[ img ][ img ]
Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX / Waze Status
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 11 Pro Max / iOS 13ß / Waze ß 4.x
carloslaso
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby HelBa75 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:51 am

carloslaso wrote:
HelBa75 wrote:It is possible to store the files all drive in the application folders as backup?

You can backup the GPS folder to your computer if you have access to the Waze cache folder of your phone. You can use a file manager on Android or an app on your computer for iOS. There can be other apps, those the ones I have used. You can also export your drives on WME.

Tks carloslaso.

When I mentioned to have the files as backup, you even get to the files in the memory of the phone.

After making a route, the .csv file is uploaded to the servers, leaving the empty folder.

What meant it was even keep files even after upload, and it is not always possible it happen.

Your help was useful.

Best regards
Hélio Bárbara

[ img ]
HelBa75

Postby PHD777 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:27 pm

I've been waiting for some drives I took on August 30 to show up because there's an error I'd like to fix, but they never have. I drove this morning, and that drive is already available, so I guess the ones from August 30 are never going to show up? Too bad - it's the first time I've seen something to fix and I can't help!
PHD777

Postby nocommenta » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:32 pm

PHD777 wrote:... Too bad - it's the first time I've seen something to fix and I can't help!

You can help ;) Report a problem via the Waze Livemap

1. Visit Livemap.
    2. Search for the address for which you'd like to suggest an edit.
    3. Click and press down on area for a few seconds.
    4. Click Report a problem and choose the type of update you'd like to report:
    Incorrect Address / Missing road / Missing landmark / Incorrect turn / Missing roundabout / Wrong driving directions
    5. Add a description to the issue and click Submit.
And local editor can fix a map issue.
nocommenta
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby goaliegeewhiz » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:45 pm

The steps given to <i>nocommenta</i> are insufficient for my problem. Saturday, 3 Sept. 2016, I drove to Ancient Peaks Oyster Ridge Barn, east of Santa Margarita, CA. I tried to submit it as a picture and new location, but couldn't connect to the Waze server. Today (four days later), I tried to use the Map Editor to add the location, but it wouldn't let me save the changes because Waze hadn't recorded that drive, presumably because it was too far out in the boonies.

So just now, I followed the Livemap link above, but couldn't do Step 2 because Waze is unaware of the site I was trying to add. Catch-22. So I guess I have to contact someone who has the power to edit that area of the map.
-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*-.,,.-*"*—
goaliegeewhiz
goaliegeewhiz

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor