The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by russblau
RussPA wrote:The only permission that seems to matter is Location. Other than that, something must have changed since you aren't getting any drives at all
Do you mean a Waze setting, or a phone setting? I can't find any "Location" setting in Waze. And my phone has Location Services turned on for Waze (obviously, otherwise the app wouldn't work at all!).
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by russblau
On Saturday 9 March, I drove from Miami Airport in Florida (https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 619&zoom=4) to Deerfield Beach, Florida (https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 644.467722); the drive has not shown up in my history. Ironically, the only other drive missing from this trip to Florida is one between roughly the same two points in the opposite direction on 11 March. Several other drives on the 10th and 11th are in my history.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by RussPA
Same problem here, a drive to work may show up, but not the drive home. I'm on TMobile.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
I was wondering about 3 myself. I was curious if starting on wifi then switching to cellular at the beginning of the drive was an issue. But if ending a drive that way is not the problem, then starting it that way is probably not either
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Just did a test. Made an 8 mile drive. The first 4 miles, just Waze running, no navigation, dropped a UR half way through. The second 4 miles, I used navigation, dropped a UR half way through. Almost the entire drive showed up (and both URs) up to the point I made a gas station price update (about a half mile from the end of my drive), the recorded drive ended at exactly the point I hit send for the gas station update. Interesting.
Using app 3.97 on Android.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
I don't think the gas station pricing is the problem, but maybe when it accessed my account to add the eight points it interrupted and corrupted the drive logging that was going on, after all the drive logging did end exactly when I hit the send button. There doesn't seem to be any commonality on the client side, so it would seem this is a server-side issue. If their servers have become overloaded, it may not take much to corrupt running processes, like drive logging.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
That could be. I checked my drives yesterday, and I noticed a few that I am sure we're not there just a few days ago on drives that I made weeks ago. So maybe we are in for an onslaught of new information
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
JuanEspinosaCool7 wrote:I'm having the same problem, I joined Waze many months ago and only see from Sept. to now but my old drives don't allow me to click on them.
Drives are only good for 90 days, so while older drives will still be listed, they are not editable after 90 days.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
ruggles76 wrote:But today I found an untouched UR from November 16, which from reports is around the time the drive-posting problem started.

If so, editors should get ready for a slew of month-old URs all of a sudden popping up...
I also now see many UR's from November 16 popping up. And I also now see some of my previous drives, which only showed up in chunks, are now connected, and I only drove those areas one time. Maybe there was a backlog that's working it's way through. That could be good and bad.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
ruggles76 wrote:
RussPA wrote: Only problem is it's really painful to work such old URs, you can't usually use the standard messages without editing to add things like when/where the report was filed, "sorry for the delay", "if you can remember", "i think we already fixed this," etc.
True, I've gotten a few "I can't remember what the issue was" replies on UR's that weren't as old as these. Makes it quick and easy to close them out, though.
Hopefully that's all it was, a backlog. I saw an L6 comment about Waze adding new servers, so maybe they are coming online. It really would be nice if all my old drives weren't lost after all. We'll all probably see huge point jumps if this stuff does come back.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US