Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by RussPA
billpom3393 wrote:The environment is set to world. I have over 5,000 points and 363 edits, but show up as level 1.
As far as rank, your edit count is what determines that, not total points. 363 edits would put you at rank 1. You can read more about points here.

Edit area only lasts for 3 months after your last drive in an area. So say you last drove in France 6 months ago, that area would no longer be available for editing. Your drives will still appear in the Drives listing, but edit area would not. And as others have said, synchronizing between the servers can take some time.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
krzycholub wrote:Anyone missing recent drives?
Last drives "recorded" by waze are from November 19 2017
All of my recent drives, right up to yesterday, are shown in my Drives tab.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
One thing to check would be that you are signed in to the correct server for your country. Check the top left of the editor window:
Untitled.png
(26.8 KiB) Downloaded 846 times
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Staff does not monitor these forums. That has been mentioned before. These forums are users helping other users, and unfortunately there is nothing any of us can do about missing drives. It has also been mentioned before that drives will either show up at some point or they won't, there really is nothing that can be done about it
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
No updates other than what is shown here. My drives also stopped logging on the 18th. We'll just have to wait and see what comes of it.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
I also have several drives still missing from the April 22-May 13 time range. Some show my morning drive but not my afternoon drive.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
tcade79 wrote:With Google Maps.. you can go to "Your Timeline" and without even using the app.. it has everywhere you have driven every single day! Its too bad Waze doesn't have what they have.
Honestly, I don't want Waze tracking my every move if I am not running the app. "Big Brother" is a feature I am glad Waze does not have. But seriously, I can't imagine the infrastructure required to track every move of more than 50 million Wazers, so little glitches here and there don't surprise me.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Clancy1954 wrote:I guess the few weeks I have been driving are lost. Each weekend I send a log for the week and nothing is updated. Now I thought this was better than Google maps?
Sending logs has nothing to do with your drives or other personal information, this is for troubleshooting only, as mentioned here.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
They will probably show up in the next couple of days. My drives have been taking a few days recently, especially the longer ones.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
There may be something else going on then, my drives are posting recently, a 150 mile drive I took today posted already. Check your data settings maybe? Permissions?
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US