Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by RussPA
The only permission that seems to matter is Location. Other than that, something must have changed since you aren't getting any drives at all
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
In the phone under Settings - Application Manager - Waze - Permissions. It's probably not that, but I can't think of any other reason on the phone end for no drives to show.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
GregoryKoch wrote: It's not something we did, it's the app.
If it's only happening for some people and only for some time periods, it wouldn't be the app. It might help if everyone with this problem mentioned their phone and OS.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
There is no conspiracy from the system to hide your drives, there would be no reason to. If you look here (which is where this post should be moved to) you will see lots of other people with the same issue, which reoccurs now and then. Some people are reporting their drives are reappearing little by little.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Paving has been hit and miss for a long time. Although it seems that something changed recently as some are saying their paves are showing up more reliably.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
You'll need to log in with your account info if you want drives logged, otherwise it doesn't have an account to attach the drives to. Username/password is the best way to log in. On the initial screen, tap "Have an account? Log in" at the bottom, then "Log in with username" on the bottom of the next screen. That should log the app in to your account and drives should be logged.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Submitting logs is for troubleshooting an issue, and it needs to be accompanied by a support ticket or it wont be looked at. It has no effect on drives. At the end of your drive make sure you have a good data connection, Youree Drive should be transferred at that point. Some drives just don't show up, nobody is really sure why exactly
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
dave31175_ wrote:New to WME. Logged in using QR code. When I click on Drives, it says "We can't find any of your drives." If I click my account avatar on the top right then Account Settings, it shows that I have 2115 miles driven. How do I fix this so I can edit? Thanks
In the upper left corner of the editor, make sure it says "North America only" or "World" or "Israel only" depending on where in the world you are. The wrong environment chosen will mean no drives show up.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
And they understand that and do their best to fix these issues when they happen. It happens periodically that the system fails for whatever reason and drives are lost. Sometimes they are able to retrieve the missing drives, most times they can't.

Anyone can ask for permanent area from their leadership if there are situations like this that prevent them from being able to edit.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RyanGlover1
My map editor only showing drives back to dec 7. How to do I make it go back further?
RyanGlover1
Send a message