The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by RyanVader
I am a new editor. I learned that I can only perform edits within a mile of where I have driven. I live in the country and there are multiple dead spots. I have noticed that it shows I ha never driven in those areas. Is this specifically due to no cell service?
RyanVader
Send a message

Post by s2k2vidguy
I haven't had any drives or URs show up from after September 30. I know this has happened from time to time. Hopefully they get unstuck soon.
s2k2vidguy  
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by sandsnper
I have the same problem here is Augusta Georgia USA. I am on android and waze has full permissions. my last one is 26 Aug and I have been using waze almost every day. I work for an EMS service and have waze running in the truck all day.
sandsnper
Send a message
Art Hanner
GA AEMT A026086
http://www.hanner.click

Post by Sapozhnik
maiapas wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:41 pm Hi Everyone, 

Thank you for your patience with this ongoing issue. 

I wanted to let you know that we are working on retrieving missing drives in WME that were lost from Feb 3rd till March 15th, and that some of you might start seeing old drives coming back to the list of drives in WME, duplicated.  

Unfortunately, missing drives before Feb 3rd and the reports that were made during those drives cannot be recovered since we do not have those drives stored anymore. 

Some extra context and updates: 
  •  Missing complete drives: if you are missing complete drives, please help us by providing username,  device (Android or iOS)date and estimated time of the drive + timezone. Since some of you reported this is still an issue, I've reopened the internal bug. 
  • Missing partial drives: this is, if you are missing some kms of the drive you did. This issue has a different cause and we are testing a potential fix internally. If you are still experiencing this issue, please help us by providing username, date and estimated time of the drive + timezone, and how many kms you estimate were lost. 
Thank you for your ongoing patience with this issue and apologies again.

We understand this is very frustrating. 

Best,

Maia

Hi Maia,

Possible my problem connected with this but last several days we see URs which had been closed one month ago.
They are open again: 
Example:
https://waze.com/uk/editor?env=row&lat= ... t=17284685

Global Champs from others countries confirms that also havу this problem.

Sapozhnik
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
Andrey,
Ukraine Waze Coordinator, GC, CM, Beta, ...
http://waze.com.ua

Post by Sco0oter
I have been using the Map editing function as a way of tracking my schedule on the road for the past several years. It was great tool for showing me where I have been and how long it took me to get there. Recently over the past several months, I noticed the server takes many days, or sometimes never, to update my trips making this function useless. I know I have good signal and never terminate the app in the middle of my entire trip either. Does anyone know when and if this issue will get resolved? I am using Iphone 7 Plus with 10.3.3 (14G60).
Sco0oter
Send a message

Post by scook9
I have also not had any drives showing up since September 30, 2019.
I have had good reception and use Waze on a daily basis.
The missing drives include some new roads that are not yet mapped in Waze.

Version 4.55.3.0 Galaxy S10+

Thank you for any help or advice.
scook9
Send a message

Post by ScottyReno148
Just got home from driving in a new area and a bunch of street names were incorrect. Went to WME to edit them and not only does that drive not show up none of them do. I have driven a lot this week and previous weeks including a long ride to LaGuardia Airport on Tuesday 4/12 and Monday 4/18. I use Waze daily as I have a 50 mile round trip commute every day and not one drive shows up????

I submitted  my debug logs

Username: ScottyReno148

ScottyReno148
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
Same thing here. Drives of the last week don't show up at all and no issues with reception. At first I was thinking that it was caused by the beta I'm using since this week, but looking at this long thread, it doesn't seem to be the case.
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
Same thing here

userid: searchjaunt

missing drives:
Sept 23 18:09
Oct 6 16:33
Oct 14 7:16
Oct 16 16:16
Nov 3 several drives
Nov 5 several drives
Nov 6 10:08
Nov 7 several drives
Nov 9 several drives
After Nov 15th all drives

The issues indeed started with the installation of the 15/11 beta (not for the drives before off course), but even after removing the beta and installing the production version, things remained an issue.

When will this be finally fixed and how do we get our drives back?  This far from good PR towards L1 & L2 trying to help the map as accurate as possible. :(

searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by searchjaunt
maiapas wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:29 am Thank you everyone for your reports and apologies again for the inconvenience.

We are still working on mitigating this issue.

Best,
Maia

Any indication of a timeline when the problem should be fixed and what will happen with the 'lost' drives?
searchjaunt
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message