Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Street Names wrong characteres

Post by XSkinner
Hello. Im Using whatsapp in my Samsung galaxy Y, the software run ok, but in the map, none of all streets has the right name, since all of these looks like weird characters. i.e. for "Calle 107" which is my street name, in the map it loks like "cla gg geg" and this is for all site names around the map... what could be? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall but nothing happens... My phone is running Android OS 2.3.6

Thank you for your support.

Reggards from Bogota, Colombia
XSkinner

POSTER_ID:5868575

Send a message

Post by XSkinner
Well you are right... I just installed Waze v2.4 from samsung apps site... and works good... i think is something about the font. What could we do?
XSkinner
Send a message

Post by XSkinner
Here is the Permlink:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

Here in my iPad i can see all names ok, but in my SmartPhone i see wrong chars.

Thnak you for your help.
XSkinner
Send a message

Post by XSkinner
I dont understand completly, the thing is, i have a iPad in which the map looks pretty normal... all the street and place names looks great and accurated... im not sure what i have to do. Thank you in advanced :)
XSkinner
Send a message

Post by sisnetdaniel
Pessoal;

Samsung Galaxy Y

Vocês saber dizer se esse problema é só com a versão atual ou acontece o mesmo problema com as versões mais antigas?

Fico no aguardo.

Atenciosamente;
Daniel Schenkel

personnel;

Samsung Galaxy Y

You know to say if this problem is only with the current version or is the same problem with older versions?

I'm waiting.

Sincerely;
Daniel Schenkel
sisnetdaniel
Send a message

Post by rdeavila
lcfuquene wrote:
Jhenya wrote:It's October now, but no changes...
Hi from Caracas - Venezuela, I got the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Young, I`m waiting a fix for this bug!!!
Me too... waiting with the same problem...
rdeavila
Send a message

Post by PeppeBytes
i have posted on the thread in the client section.
@other people that have the same issue, please post your reply on it.
http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 93#p187393
PeppeBytes
Send a message

Post by PeppeBytes
no-one have a solution for this issue or know if there is open a trouble?
PeppeBytes
Send a message

Post by PeppeBytes
Hi to all,
I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830i) with Android 2.3.6 build Version Gingerbread.XXLB1 with the street name on map.
see the pics
SC20120611-163139.png
(124.34 KiB) Downloaded 3762 times
This is Rome, Via Cristoforo Colombo, but is not possible to read the street name.

have someone the solution?
PeppeBytes
Send a message

Post by ositis
I am having the same problem with this phone model. Please fix :-(
ositis
Send a message