The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by sketch
bgodette wrote:I'm not sure anything changed since the introduction of TBR. Remember they initially said "works like Private" which we took to mean that there were routing penalties associated with use, then there was some mentions of it working like disconnects. Later we got direct confirmation from an unfiltered source that TBRs worked like a disconnection, as if the segment or turn didn't exist. This later information agrees with the above behavior IF the "works like disconnection" for TBSR is evaluated for exiting the segment. There's an old discussion about PLR/Private penalties for why the evaluation is on exit, and code reuse/re-purposing leads to TBSR getting the same evaluation point.

Basically there's an edge case where terminal route behavior isn't correct, and acknowledge as not being correct, for TBSR cases when the destination is on the restricted segment, but works as designed if the destination is beyond the restricted segment.
Let me put it this way – something definitely changed rather recently with the interaction between restrictions and destination road selection. It used to be that Waze would force itself through a restriction if it knew your destination to be on a particular segment. Now, Waze will choose another nearby segment.

Restrictions are the same, it's what destination-road matching does with restrictions that's changed (or, really, that it does something at all).
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
SkiDooGuy wrote:If it's out indefinitely, deleting is the best possible solution anyway...

No point in giving the server the chance to use it if it's never gonna be there.
Indefinitely is not forever. If it's closed indefinitely, you should use a closure and re-up it when necessary.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
There will always be cheaters and fools. Design your locking standards and such to make sure that L2 locks aren't being used to protect anything that's actually important, and call it a day.

It took us so long to get L3 moved from 10,000 to 25,000 edits, I don't think we're going to see a change in L2. I don't think we should, either. It's a small step on the way that can motivate you to do your first thousand edits. If they're terrible edits, either you mean well and you'll find a mentor (or a mentor will find you), or you don't and you'll get blocked. Either way, having novice L2s shouldn't hurt the map any more than having novice L1s does.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
taco909 wrote: Make L2 (and start connecting PLRs to minor highways, while still not understanding turn restrictions.)

The "recommended" lock level for most Places is also L2... and I work URs from improperly placed URs daily... many of these last touched by an L2.

When L3 was increased from 10k to 25k, L2 should have been increased as well.
Who is locking minor highways to L2?

As has been said, 2 has never been a difficult level to achieve. A locking standard that does not take this into account is not a sufficient locking standard. Rethink your locking standard.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
Wish I had though about this forum sooner. I had an editor yesterday take a huge mall here and individually place a landmark on EVERY parking space. Must have been 3,000 spots! I almost left it out of respect, that must have taken hours!
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by SkiDooGuy
But it's a HISTORIC train shed and turn table!
2014-12-26_22h05_57.png
(233.24 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor

Post by SkiDooGuy
2015-01-08_22h02_09.jpg
(72.75 KiB) Downloaded 653 times
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor

Post by SkiDooGuy
Seems like it. They are always so detailed as well. Can't just be a segment or two. Always 100+...
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor

Post by SkiDooGuy
If it's out indefinitely, deleting is the best possible solution anyway...

No point in giving the server the chance to use it if it's never gonna be there.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor

Post by SkiDooGuy
I still prefer to disconnect.

Seen the server ignore closures to often to stand by them.

But that's just me.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Rank 6 editor