The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AndyPoms
nhanway wrote:This made me laugh.
Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 11.04.35 AM.png
The prices changed. Okay. Then change them.
I see at least one or two of these a week. I wish there was a way to comment on them like URs, or at least see which user flagged it so we can TRY to PM them...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by banished
Fredo-p wrote:Jumping around, looking for a CM, I ran into this. Please, don't let this be just me........But did someone actually spell something with PLR's? :lol: :lol: :lol:
does it spell something.jpg
These editors have been contacted.
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
GC, ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP

Post by BearsDrivingTanks
Looking for a map editor(s) in the Ann Arbor and Ypsi area in Michigan
BearsDrivingTanks
Send a message

Post by bgodette
jasonh300 wrote:I don't really see it as overmapped. They are drivable roads. It's different from a parking lot. It's basically a gated community...for dead people and their guests.
Without transportation access just how do you expect them to get the vote out every election? :lol:
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Alan out getting lunch for the week.
gettinglunch.jpg
(56.35 KiB) Downloaded 938 times
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
sketch wrote:
davielde wrote:
Oh, man. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.
Wonder when someone will draw one around Manhattan and label it "Super Max Prison".
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
sketch wrote:Because Waze changed something recently making restrictions more robust – it won't route through a restricted turn to get to a destination, instead choosing another nearby segment where it's legal to go, at least if there is such a segment nearby. I experienced this when the parking lot road for a hotel was there, but with all turns into it restricted, so Waze brought me to the nearby parking lot road behind and downhill from the hotel. As far as I can tell, this changed a couple months ago.
I'm not sure anything changed since the introduction of TBR. Remember they initially said "works like Private" which we took to mean that there were routing penalties associated with use, then there was some mentions of it working like disconnects. Later we got direct confirmation from an unfiltered source that TBRs worked like a disconnection, as if the segment or turn didn't exist. This later information agrees with the above behavior IF the "works like disconnection" for TBSR is evaluated for exiting the segment. There's an old discussion about PLR/Private penalties for why the evaluation is on exit, and code reuse/re-purposing leads to TBSR getting the same evaluation point.

Basically there's an edge case where terminal route behavior isn't correct, and acknowledge as not being correct, for TBSR cases when the destination is on the restricted segment, but works as designed if the destination is beyond the restricted segment.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
sketch wrote:Let me put it this way – something definitely changed rather recently with the interaction between restrictions and destination road selection. It used to be that Waze would force itself through a restriction if it knew your destination to be on a particular segment. Now, Waze will choose another nearby segment.

Restrictions are the same, it's what destination-road matching does with restrictions that's changed (or, really, that it does something at all).
Easy to check. We know what routing used to do with hard set restricted turns, and we know how PLR/Pvt behave, and we're assuming a TBR behaves the same way.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Taco909 wrote:Please people... when the parking lot is in front of Walgreens and says "Customer parking only, tow away" it should not be mapped.
IMO they shouldn't be mapped unless they hold 1000's of cars and come with names like Goofy, Mickey, Donald...
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message