Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Advertised places in wrong location

Post by KuniaKid
I've had several URs about places that are advertised in the app and are in the wrong place and navigation is incorrect. I located a place marker in Google and submitted a move to the correct location, which was approved. Yet the advertised place is still in the wrong location. The attached pic is typical. Although in this case, the navigation leads to a back wall. The actual entrance to the Safeway parking is on Kapahulu just under the "H" in the word "Honolulu". The Waze place marker is attached to the parking lot segment. I've verified that. The advertised place maker is leading user to the wrong place. I would assume that the people paying for the advertising would prefer that potential patrons not be pissed at the corporate logo, and blame them for aggravation and wasted time. And I'm sure Waze doesn't want the bad feelings either. Can I get some guidance, or at least assurance that things are being fixed?

KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

POSTER_ID:16807035

Send a message
Attachments

Post by CBenson
Agreed, that the error message is confusing.

For issues in North America where you can't address the problem by proposing edits to the ad locked place, please see this post: viewtopic.php?f=1440&t=167110
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
If you delete the place, it will be in the queue for staff to address. So I would at least take that step.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
So is there any corresponding place in WME? Does the Safeway exist there?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
KuniaKid wrote:
helifino206 wrote:
umopapisdn wrote:if the paying advertisers want their inaccurate data changed, they can complain to the people who are getting paid. if Waze wants me to be able to fix it, they can grant me to ability to fix it. with the way they have it set up currently, Waze and the advertisers can deal with one another - i'm not going to jump through hoops to be their intermediary.
The problem is, it's the users like you and I who are the ones complaining. Not to the ad team, not to the advertiser, but to us. Like it or not, we are the intermediary.
Um, no. The problem is that we editors get all the complaints via UR from Waze users.

Unless I'm told not to by superiors, I'm going to start replying to them with "This has nothing to do with Waze. Advertised places are added by a third party. Please complain to the advertised place."
Better yet, tell them to stop tapping on the ads because they are always wrong. When ad revenue falls, maybe Waze will finally pay attention to this embarrassment.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by GazBlain
I can throw one into this mix from McDonald's in the UK. I have one by me that's not on the Live Map for editing/correcting. It's located on a Highway but the Ad is putting it the other side of a tiny single car width road (car's can't pass each other and it's dangerous!) so if you navigate to it you would end up on this tiny road pointing at a field...
The REAL location of this McDonald's is on the "Northop Services (W)" below the (M) on this pic... And you can't get to it from where Waze takes you without at least a 10 mile drive up and down the highway! :/
IMG_7417.jpg
McDonald's, Northop Services (W), UK
(74.49 KiB) Downloaded 2491 times
GazBlain
Send a message

Post by helifino206
umopapisdn wrote:if the paying advertisers want their inaccurate data changed, they can complain to the people who are getting paid. if Waze wants me to be able to fix it, they can grant me to ability to fix it. with the way they have it set up currently, Waze and the advertisers can deal with one another - i'm not going to jump through hoops to be their intermediary.
The problem is, it's the users like you and I who are the ones complaining. Not to the ad team, not to the advertiser, but to us. Like it or not, we are the intermediary.
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KuniaKid
I would like to keep this topic alive. If those advertisers are paying for advertising, and the navigation app that they are paying money to can't navigate the patrons (you know, the ones with the dollars to spend) to their locations, there is a potential heavy loss in revenue. For Waze and advertisers. I would think Waze would be quite concerned.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by KuniaKid
KuniaKid wrote:I would like to keep this topic alive. If those advertisers are paying for advertising, and the navigation app that they are paying money to can't navigate the patrons (you know, the ones with the dollars to spend) to their locations, there is a potential heavy loss in revenue. For Waze and advertisers. I would think Waze would be quite concerned.download/file.php?id=41929
So, this location is still here. It's not even on the WME. People are navigating to it and there's NOTHING we can do about it. There's no Permalink to it that I can add to the Google Docs sheet for bad Advertised places.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message