WME new version release 1.13

Post by
Hey All!!

We've just released a new WME version, as you might have noticed.
Including our long awaited News Feed feature!!

So, what's new this time:

* Updated the IL links to the new forum
* Show language list in TTS popover
* Segment attributes address mode is now entirely clickable
* Allow closure end date to be 24 hours in the past (for different time zones)
* PURs: Allow editing when user is an adOperator (opens a change suggestion to our staff)
* Bug with creating venue after canceling first creation - Fixed

* News Feed Feature!

The feed is a list of things you can do in the editor, delivered to you. This includes:
- Problems you can help solving and places you can help improving - highly contextual according to your drives, favorites, editing rank, editing areas, and more.
- Notifications about things happening in the community, forum inbox messages, new editor features, etc.
- Guides for new and advanced users alike.

Some things to note:
The feed is updated in near-realtime - it should take a few minutes from the moment an issue is reported until it’s shown in the feed.
You can click ‘Next issue’ directly from an issue panel to go to the next issue in the feed.
You can refresh the feed using the refresh button on the top of the feed tab.
Once an issue is dismissed from the feed, it will not be shown again.

Enjoy!!!

POSTER_ID:15274930

Send a message

Post by AJSmoke
I used to use Firefox and WME seemed much more buggy. Since I moved to Chrome it runs smoother and some of the addons work better. Not all of the buggyness is gone, but I'm less frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AJSmoke
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AJSmoke
Nope. Still works for me. Using Chrome.
AJSmoke
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AJSmoke
It is also possible that you have addon scripts that use the down arrow. Try disabling any addons and try again.

AJSmoke
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TheChrisK wrote:Still seeing the "46 year old EN Translation issue" in the feed. Had to disable Tampermonkey completely to log in.

Can you find that Problem on the map and close it? Problem type 300 doesn't "exist" any longer so there isn't a translation available for us to update.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TheChrisK wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Can you find that Problem on the map and close it? Problem type 300 doesn't "exist" any longer so there isn't a translation available for us to update.
I could not so I just trashed it. The report has not resurfaced after logging out, clearing cache, incognito... and logging back in.
I have this message in the Feed, too, but it points to a different Problem, which is actually a valid one and active today. I hadn't seen this in the Feed before, but if "everyone" has it, it's a bug. But I haven't yet disabled all scripts.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TheChrisK wrote: Just had another one pop up. Actual Map Problem.
The feed has this at the top regularly and it points to a real map problem for me. It's probably different for everyone.

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dude463 wrote:I'm having a really tough time selecting segments some times in firefox. Usually the ones that are horizontal.
Also with any browser I get to a point where I can't select anything, segments or places, and I have to restart the page.
Please fix this.
This is a years-long issue. It's something to do with OpenLayers and how it works (or not) in Firefox. Not sure there anything Waze can do about it. They haven't been able to do anything with it so far.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AliG2605
Hi. I've had problems with permalinks. When I try to select a lot of segments to get them locked or unlocked I'm finding that clicking the permalink doesn't result in the segments being selected when zoomed out (e.g. zoom =1) to see the entire set of selected segments. If I alter the link to adjust the zoom level, only the segments that are within the editor window are displayed.
For example (this is in Australia and below I've broken the link up so you can see it in this post with *'s.)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ueFilter=0

*https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... s=90332967,
*90332983,153641406,302836956,302836959,302836961,302836962,302836963,302836964,
*299090608&update_requestsFilter=true&problemsFilter=true&mapProblemFilter=1&map
*UpdateRequestFilter=1&venueFilter=0
AliG2605
Send a message

Post by altabad
Waze recently launched a new update of WME, which generated lots of expectations and inconvenience to different publishers in the community, as they had to make the launch in conjunction with the updated editing tools, as the Toolbox and WME WME Validator and different script to lessen the impact.

I just hope that the team responsible for waze updates take this experience for future updates to the editing platform.

On the other hand very well include filing URS in the editor but must pose a pull-tab for that display and not directly in the edit screen. For Editors' choice whether they displayed and instantly made.

Regards.
altabad
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
i was joining MMR Polland
and when i was creating new segment, the default country is Malaysia, which is my driving country now. I prefer like the old WME which is using the map country
AndyLaode
Send a message
andylaode (andylaode@outlook.com)
okay, mate, see you on the road and on the map too, cheers