The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by CBenson
Another issue that doesn't seem to be addressed is that the reported on date of URs is unreliable. I've noticed this again recently as the strong storm came through the area on June 29. After that there were a bunch of URs indicating road closures. Were I wasn't sure whether the road closure was long term or temporary, I would let the UR sit and hope someone who had driven the road would address the UR. If no one did after a week or so I would go back and try to determine the status of the road. When I would pull up the UR again (even if it was orange or red) sometimes the reported on date would be "Today."
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
jasonh300 wrote:This is not something I see often at all, and I've got 3400 URs on the dashboard. Please post some links.
Here is one that isn't taking you to some unrelated area, but when it zooms, you really have no idea why it chooses to zoom at this particular location.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
As I say not so unusual here and many are worse. I hesitated to post this one because it is actually a relatively minor one in that you can kind of figure out what's going on. Some I just have no idea what the relevance of the area zoomed to is.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by cristianfraser
It's really annoying when you press an update request on the map for editing, it sometimes takes you a totally different part of the map miles away... it should simply zoom in where the bubble is :roll:

I'm sorry if it's already posted, couldn't find anything like this.
cristianfraser
Send a message

Post by DarkTranquility
Hi!

I edited some streets on about 2 hours ago. Now I want to continue but I'm not able to change any road within areas I could edit in the past.

Because of this I can't provide a permlink of this roads.
I tried to change roads in Tübingen and Reutlingen (both in Germany).

Regards
DarkTranquility
Send a message

Post by DarkTranquility
Panda47 wrote:
DarkTranquility wrote:I edited some streets on about 2 hours ago. Now I want to continue but I'm not able to change any road within areas I could edit in the past.
Just to be clear, are you on the same server? In other words, you may be on the north-american server, which you probably don't have any permissions on.
I use https://world.waze.com/editor/
This was the right server during the last time.
DarkTranquility
Send a message

Post by DarkTranquility
DarkTranquility wrote:
Panda47 wrote:
DarkTranquility wrote:I edited some streets on about 2 hours ago. Now I want to continue but I'm not able to change any road within areas I could edit in the past.
Just to be clear, are you on the same server? In other words, you may be on the north-american server, which you probably don't have any permissions on.
I use https://world.waze.com/editor/
This was the right server during the last time.
It seems to work again.
DarkTranquility
Send a message

Post by DarkTranquility
Hi,

the shortcut Shift-A to show the "red arrows" is a really usefull feature.

But in some situations you have to check every road connected to the junction. Here an example:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... s=70117449

In this view you can't see if https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... s=70116735 has a red arrow at the same junction so you have to check the road, too.

Would it be possible to implement the following feature?

If you press Shift-A the red arrows occur. If you do a mouseover over an red arrow all roads connected with this junction and contain a red arrow at this junction will be "highlighted".

So debugging of wrong turns would be more easier.

I hope I could explain what I mean...
DarkTranquility
Send a message

Post by davboc
I'd like a route simulator in the editor, like the one present in live map, for test the settings of the editing before the map updates, because some error are evident only after the map update when we do a route simulator in the live maps... will ever be possible?
davboc
Send a message
Waze 4.39.0.4--Lenovo P2--Android 7.0

Post by deeggo
fvwazing wrote:Neither did anything to the performance. "Loading road images" takes forever, unworkable.
Totally agree. Has been like this for days now.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!