Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by foxitrot
jasonh300 wrote:
DarkTranquility wrote:Would it be possible to implement the following feature?

If you press Shift-A the red arrows occur. If you do a mouseover over an red arrow all roads connected with this junction and contain a red arrow at this junction will be "highlighted".
If you hit S, it spreads the arrows out so you can see the ones that are hiding.
Even with spread arrows, you still can not tell, which incoming road is not allowed to continue through a particular red arrow (because all possible connections to a particular outgoing road are blended to just one arrow). The feature would indeed make sense.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by FreeMan12
I've not been involved in waze much lately (other than in the car) and I have some questions, maybe these have been covered somewhere else, and I apologize.

What happened to the ability to give roads multiple names? If I go to rename a road, I can see all the alternate names, but I can only give it one. Some times, multiple names are valid, but there's one primary name that should be listed first.

What happened to the ability to ask the submitter of a UR for more info? I'm seeing one that says it's a wrong driving direction, but I have no idea, really, of where the user was coming from or going to. There's a very short segment of GPS track, a short segment of routing, and a couple of turn indicators. They're not connected, and there seems to be no mechanism for me to converse with the reporter to find out where he was coming from and where he was going.

Thanks,
FreeMan
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by FreeMan12
Thanks, RC, appreciate the feedback.
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by FreeMan12
I just discovered the keyboard shortcuts, and they seem to be a mighty handy addition. The "s" shortcut either doesn't work, or I have no idea what it's supposed to be doing, and, therefore, don't know what to look for. Also, Ctrl-Shift-y does not seem to work as a re-do option, though Ctrl-Shift-z does.

I've tried in Chrome (19.0.1084.52 m) and FireFox (12.0).
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by FreeMan12
Panda47 wrote:
EDIT: I see you mean "s" alone, that spreads out the turn-restriction flags in case they are on top of each other.

This is useful when you have a two 1-way's connected to the same junction, forming a long "V" and you get two flags from one of them, one if allowed to make a u-turn to the other 1way, and the other from the other segments connected to that junction.
Interesting. I figured it was for short road segments that form very tight angles, where the arrows are often on top of each other. I didn't see any help there. I'm not quite picturing what you're saying, but I'll trust you on it ;) .
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by FreeMan12
Panda47 wrote:
FreeMan12 wrote:
Panda47 wrote:This is useful when you have a two 1-way's connected to the same junction, forming a long "V" and --->8 snip 8<---
I'm not quite picturing what you're saying, but I'll trust you on it ;) .
Sorry for confusing you. Just know this, that it is for cases where two turn flags occupy the same space, and you can't click on the bottom one. Pressing "s" will spread the bottom one out far enough that you can see (and click) it.

Maybe this will help, this is a segment close to your example area:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lon ... s=63742580
Press "s" repeatedly while that segment is selected and you will finally see what I mean.
Ah ha! I gotcha now. Thanks, Panda, for that example. I guess the key (no pun intended) is pressing 's' repeatedly. I guess I wasn't repeating it enough to get it to work.
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by FreeMan12
Spil wrote:
rotus8 wrote:
jimerb wrote:It would be very helpful if these dots were different colors depending on whether or not all junctions were allowed.
Type "A" and see what happens....
Definitely ... "A" is just the toggle to let you see and access the geometry nodes that would normally be obscured by turn restriction arrows. "Shift-A" is the toggle to switch between showing all of the turn restrictions of only the selected segment, and showing only all of the restricted turns in the map view (at the 500ft level or closer only). :ugeek:
If I understand correctly, "Shift-A" will only show disallowed turns when you click on a junction (instead of all turn possibilities). I believe that jimerb's suggestion would have the junctions color coded so you wouldn't even have to click on it to know whether or not all turns are allowed.

I see a definite benefit to this suggestion - I'm going through an area that I know to be all 2-way, county roads with no restrictions at any of the 4-way stops. However, I have to click each and every road segment or junction to see what turns are allowed and what aren't. With jimerb's suggestion, I could just look for the color(s) indicating some or none are allowed, and fix those, ignoring the ones that are already all allowed.
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by FreeMan12
Big edit:

OK, I've had a massive reading comprehension failure.

I just did a bit of experimenting, and realized that Shift-A does, in fact, do what I've been arguing for with the colored junctions. My apologies for cluttering up the thread with my inability to read.
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by FreeMan12
gettingthere wrote:There is no insight into who has modified turn restrictions. We have asked Waze to add this visibility (at least for the last modified turn for a junction) but they have not.
Having read this, I realize someone else could have made the changes, however I think it would be highly unlikely, unless someone's just trying to mess with me!

This segment (600 S, just west of Devaney) was just edited by me a few days ago. As I went through, I was checking everything for turn restrictions, 1-ways, etc, since I know there are none on these county roads (been driving this one nearly daily for 20 years, I'm pretty confident of this fact). Now, 4 days later, there's a turn restriction on westbound 600 South. I'm as confident as I can be that I would have removed that when I last looked at it on the 24th.

Something's not saving right, or there's an issue in the database. I'll leave the restriction set for a few days so someone can take a look at it, but then I'll fix it, since it's a route I use very regularly, and I don't really want waze trying to get around it.
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by FreeMan12
While editing, I accidentally hit Shift-g, instead of Shift-b. Now, WME is trying to load GPS points every time I change my viewpoint, even though I've unchecked the GPS points layer. This is in FireFox v12.0.

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k331 ... derror.png
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana