The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by gettingthere
Although this issue sounds bigger than just asking support to fix the existing names. We need to find out why they are correcting case and ask them to stop!
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
fvwazing wrote:Read again, gettingthere. The poster Brshk is not the victim of some Auto-Capitalisation-routine. Some editor before him misspelled a cityname.
Ok, you are correct. I was confused.

There is another thread around here with the same type of behavior with new street names vs city names. But that may be the beta editor...
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by GizmoGuy411
I have not been very active with editing in the last month, and have been waiting for someone else to mention the following issue.

With Chrome under Win 7, and even with Browsing, Cache, Cookies histories deleted, WME usually shows all verticle segments misaligned with their respective highlighted segments. (The example below which I edited back in February displayed fine back then.)
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... 1,37274324

However I can return to Chrome at another time and the display will be correct.

This problem does not occur with FireFox, however the old problem with difficulty in selecting horizontal segments still does.

So editing all the east/west segments in Chrome, and switching to FireFox for all the north/south segments does not exactly encourage me to return to active editing again!
Misaligned Verticle Segments.PNG
(251.67 KiB) Downloaded 1041 times
And the further out the zoom level, the worse the misalignment looks:
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by GizmoGuy411
Timbones wrote:
CBenson wrote:Same here, it only happens on one of my computers. The computer that does it for me is running Vista, the Win 7 machine is fine.
That's it exactly: works fine for me on Win 7, but not on Vista (with Chrome).
It is curious that I have the problem with Win 7 then.

At least I'm slightly comforted that I am not the only one with this issue. When I get a chance, maybe I'll uninstall Chrome and reinstall it to see what happens.

Sidebar note:

Code: Select all

For the last month I have been using a spare computer. My primary PC is dead, after letting the local authorized Lenovo service center replace a cracked plastic cover, so that I would not void the warranty by doing so myself. Now the hard drive is wiped out, and the computer will not power up at all. So when I get it back (or hopefully a new replacement) and reload everthing, the issue with Chrome may not exist.  I know... that is a lot of wishful thinking.
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by HandofMadness
I've run into a problem with turn restrictions not being saved properly. At first I though maybe it was my mistake, but now I've seen this happen on junctions where I'm 100% positive I allowed turns, and saved it. However later I go back to that junction and find turns not allowed again, and it showing me as the last person to modify.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
That's what i'm seeing as well.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
FreeMan12 wrote:
gettingthere wrote:There is no insight into who has modified turn restrictions. We have asked Waze to add this visibility (at least for the last modified turn for a junction) but they have not.
Having read this, I realize someone else could have made the changes, however I think it would be highly unlikely, unless someone's just trying to mess with me!

This segment (600 S, just west of Devaney) was just edited by me a few days ago. As I went through, I was checking everything for turn restrictions, 1-ways, etc, since I know there are none on these county roads (been driving this one nearly daily for 20 years, I'm pretty confident of this fact). Now, 4 days later, there's a turn restriction on westbound 600 South. I'm as confident as I can be that I would have removed that when I last looked at it on the 24th.

Something's not saving right, or there's an issue in the database. I'll leave the restriction set for a few days so someone can take a look at it, but then I'll fix it, since it's a route I use very regularly, and I don't really want waze trying to get around it.
Sort, forgot to quote. I am seeing this same thing.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by hebermc
There seems to be a bug with the editor.

I can see all the roads and turns and everything you would normally see in the editor.

It just will not allow me to edit anything. :?

(Not even the road I live on and waze daily. I have edited before tons of times, I am a AM.)

UPDATE: I did a little more testing, I can create roads and edit them. I just cant edit anything that is already created.
UPDATE2: Tried clearing cookies, restarting browser, also tried on firefox (currently using chrome). All fails.
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by hebermc
The international server in the Brazil region is ocasionally having a small error, mad edits are not comitted imediately, we have to wait a few hours and then when we check the edits have been commited to the map. Sometimes reloading the page displays the edits, others it does not. This issues has been happening for about 3 days. We discussed it in the brazilian forum but someone around here should know about the issue.
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by invented
WME is extremely buggy. When will we see such issues fixed like new roads not forming nodes when connected to each other until you f**k with it a bunch and refresh the page, random "the thing you were working on has been edited" errors despite the changes going through successfully, "an error has occurred" errors for landmarks like water that were dragged over themselves, "an error has occurred" errors for anything else, no provinces or territories for Canada, city and road names that refuse to take until you re-save the current changes, ...
invented
Send a message