Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by deeggo
RallyChris wrote:[..] I suspect that infrastructure issues and figuring out how to make money to pay for everything is higher priority then this. [..]
OT, but what reason do you have to suspect that the financial part is now more important than before? My guess is it has always been important to work towards a healthy business model.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
RallyChris wrote:My personal opinion, is that they have shifted into a higher gear on the money making goals. Take it for what it is worth.
What makes you think that? What examples did you see?
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
They had the same message on the meeting in Paris. It's a very logical one, but no news under the horizon imho.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I'd really hoped the etiles layer would be quicker to load once this came out of beta - sadly it seems not! Painfully slow!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
fourblades wrote:The layout is very nice though it feels more iPhone approach than Android feel. I'm pretty happy with the keyboard integration but I think it should auto hide if you have built in physical keyboard. The touch sensitivity is weird, it feels like I have to press harder and the accuracy is a little off, maybe the buttons are a little small for my thumb (and I'm a small asian guy). Performance wise it works nicely if you get 3G connection and also GPS, if you don't it feels like it hangs, even the main OS feels slow when this program is on.

One more thing, I notice that the map wasn't accurate at parts or at least the location where I live, the highway paths and the exits were all in a different layout and shape and some looks broken too.

Overall, I'd keep this app and be happy to see it go to beta with better performance and features!
Been requested numerous times. They've talked about implementing it but I don't think there are any near term plans!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by DonJ2
Any thought given to awarding more points for creating road segments?

Adding new segments is more work, adding geometry nodes, setting direction, setting turn restrictions, updating country/state/city/street name (if known), and sometimes changing road type, but with this update all of that effort will only be counted once.
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2

Post by DonJ2
bgodette wrote:
DonJ2 wrote:Any thought given to awarding more points for creating road segments?

Adding new segments is more work, adding geometry nodes, setting direction, setting turn restrictions, updating country/state/city/street name (if known), and sometimes changing road type, but with this update all of that effort will only be counted once.
Do we really want to promote Googlitus of mapping every parking lot lane, because that's what will happen. The reason you see it in GMaps is because that's how you game the system to advance in editing "rank" there so you don't have to wait 3-6 months for your one dependent edit to get reviewed so you can do your next one.
No

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by DonJ2
jasond9999 wrote:Two things that I dislike in general about the editing process/the editor interface. ... Second, a lot of the user requests that I've encountered don't display enough waze or user data to identify the incorrect route because the destination isn't known and the route usually cuts off too soon to see where waze was trying to route to vs the user selected route.
I agree. In my experience, most of the URs for wrong driving directions suffer this issue, forcing me to mark it "Not identified" and thus pushing it to the user to fix. The example that I think is the least helpful is when the waze and user tracks both follow the exact same road segments from start to end, especially when they are only displayed on a straight road.
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by floppyrod84
Stop requesting osm features ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
shirlig wrote:2. Fix order of drives in archive.
Drives incorrectly marked as "Today" or "Yesterday" - could this be fixed as well?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).