The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

(Non)road type mismatch in two languages

Post by WhoPutTheDogOut
Recently I was going through Japan and I was wondering why so many railroads were shown with an icon for "Pedestrian Boardwalk" rather the "Railroad" icon.

Finding little in the Japanese wiki on the subject, I changed language in the editor and discovered this mismatch. The line of squares icon (shown in English as "pedestrian") matched up as 鉄道, the characters for "railroad." The Japanese version of the English railroad icon shows up as (未供用), including parentheses, which I translate to be the equivalent of not yet in use.

I do not believe it is outrageous to expect map symbols to match around the world, especially within the same app. However, Waze seems to have few methods of input direct to the organization other than through a small number of super users. Hopefully, one of them can bump this upstairs for further investigation.
WhoPutTheDogOut

POSTER_ID:16803894

Send a message