Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Issues with using "H" for HN's

Post by beachbumli247
When editing segments, I can use the "H" key to enter the HN interface just fine. The problem occurs when I go to hit "H" again to start entering HN's. The HN bubble will flash on the screen quick (~half a second) and disappear. This problem started a little over a month ago as far as I remember.

I tested that it wasn't any of the scripts or extensions I was running by opening up a clean WME window in Incognito mode, and still encountered the same issue. I know other users have reported issues with the H key not working for them as well.
beachbumli247
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:3497890

Send a message

Post by dude463
I'm getting problems when tapping H while trying to add a name to a segment. I try to type 9th Pl SW for a street name and when I get to the h of 9th it goes into HN mode. Exiting HN mode loses all edits.
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by dude463
Sort of, the issue with unsaved changes not stopping the HN editor from opening, losing all edits before H was pressed. I didn't think it was worth starting it's own thread when you had something here so similar.
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by helifino206
This issue started with the latest WME rollout, I posted about it in that thread.
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Rfrsw101
I have noticed this as well, what is perceived to be a "flash" is actually another House Number Editing Interface right on top of the first. This also creates save errors because the interface sees "two" of every existing HN (of course, only one pair of duplicated HNs is required to trigger that particular save fail).

In addition, I have noticed that tapping "H" on the keyboard (without the Interface being open), or using the Segment Information sidebar and clicking Edit House Numbers, the HN Interface opens even when you have unsaved changes. Should you attempt to close, and confirm close the interface, your recently unsaved changes will be lost.
Rfrsw101
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Rfrsw101
dude463 wrote:I'm getting problems when tapping H while trying to add a name to a segment. I try to type 9th Pl SW for a street name and when I get to the h of 9th it goes into HN mode. Exiting HN mode loses all edits.
dude463, have you encountered any of the issues that beachbumli247 and I have seen? Or your issue is just the one ^.
Rfrsw101
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message