People are still using satellite images to do their edits

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: People are still using satellite images to do their edit

Postby invented » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:25 pm

llayden wrote:A little over a year later this is what Dublin looks like
https://world.waze.com/editor/zoom=0&la ... FFTFTTTTFT

404 - Not Found

Fitting.
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Postby llayden » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:43 pm

llayden

Postby jrockjoe01 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:39 pm

I do agree with you. This practice should not be tolerated. I have done over 1000 edits and over 15 major edits to intersections where the road layouts have changed due to construction. But unfortunately here in Ottawa,Ontario,Canada, we have an area manager that doesn't take the te to verify if the changeable are valid. He will delete my changes and redo the road to match the aireal image. I don't know how these guys can call themselves area managers or even given the right to do edits when we do the leg work in doing the right edits and they come and screw it all up.
jrockjoe01

Re: Re: People are still using satellite images to do their

Postby marcedli » Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 pm

joe01romano wrote:I do agree with you. This practice should not be tolerated. I have done over 1000 edits and over 15 major edits to intersections where the road layouts have changed due to construction. But unfortunately here in Ottawa,Ontario,Canada, we have an area manager that doesn't take the te to verify if the changeable are valid. He will delete my changes and redo the road to match the aireal image. I don't know how these guys can call themselves area managers or even given the right to do edits when we do the leg work in doing the right edits and they come and screw it all up.

The only way to make things better if you form a group, then build. A website with useful info and write down your own principles and lead your country. This is what we do in Hungary and works pretty good. The Waze Hungarian Group is unofficial, but official somehow (waze hq supports this kind of "self government"), that is the only way we see to avoid such probs what you mention.

Tapatalked, swyped from cm9 nightly using devil kernel
Country Coordinator Hungary
https://waze.hu
https://facebook.com/waze.hu
https://twitter.com/WazeTrafficBUD
grey Honda FR-V and blue Yaris
marcedli
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby invented » Sat May 05, 2012 10:00 pm

joe01romano wrote:I do agree with you. This practice should not be tolerated. I have done over 1000 edits and over 15 major edits to intersections where the road layouts have changed due to construction. But unfortunately here in Ottawa,Ontario,Canada, we have an area manager that doesn't take the te to verify if the changeable are valid. He will delete my changes and redo the road to match the aireal image. I don't know how these guys can call themselves area managers or even given the right to do edits when we do the leg work in doing the right edits and they come and screw it all up.

There's a guy in the GTA that does the same, like he owns the roads or something.
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Postby nickjgill » Sun May 06, 2012 2:56 am

I can't help but laugh at mikecash's comments. Mikecash if you feel that you are better than the rest of the world than you should obviously stop complaining and instead focus your energy on learning how to come up with your own app. Maybe it is time for you to simply move on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
nickjgill

Postby mikecash » Tue May 08, 2012 4:30 am

nickjgill wrote:I can't help but laugh at mikecash's comments. Mikecash if you feel that you are better than the rest of the world than you should obviously stop complaining and instead focus your energy on learning how to come up with your own app. Maybe it is time for you to simply move on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Another of the "STFU and go away" morons heard from......

I'm not complaining about the free map and navigation app Waze provides me. The free app Waze provides me has neither map nor navigation functionality. I'm getting nothing for free from Waze. They, on the other hand, get my labor for free. As I am a professional driver and spend up to sixteen hours a day six days a week on the road, Waze gets tons and tons of valuable data from me....for free.

They provide me nothing; I provide them data they desperately need in a country with no base map.

I hold up my end of the bargain. When I see them CONSTANTLY falling down on their end, I feel perfectly entitled and qualified to point it out. It isn't as though their shortcomings and displays of incompetence were a secret or that I am the first or only one to point them out.

A bunch of suck-up fanboys heaping totally undeserved praise and gratitude on the inept bunglers who are making a miserable job out of attempting to implement the concept of what Waze was meant to be and constantly telling those of us who think the Waze staff is failing to hold up their end of the bargain to just shut up and go away is juvenile and counterproductive.

The problem is not those such as myself who contribute tons of data despite receiving ZERO functionality from the app and who point out that they expect more from the paid staff. The problem is those who provide tons of data despite receiving zero functionality from the app, decide that it is a worthless waste of time, and just quietly disappear.
mikecash

Postby dmcconachie » Tue May 08, 2012 6:28 am

Absolutely, most of us have been and still are frustrated at many aspects but there are ways to express that though. Throwing insults about the place and toys out the pram are two ways to guarantee that people focus on your delivery rather than what you have to say.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ
OnePlus One • Android 6.0.1
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby mikecash » Tue May 08, 2012 6:49 am

I have made what seem to me to be accurate descriptive observations regarding Waze and the paid staff. That they are not flattering does not make them insults.

If I have been gratuitously insulting it has been toward those who tell me to shut up and go away.
mikecash

Postby dmcconachie » Tue May 08, 2012 9:29 am

Apologists, fanboys and inept are all words that I would take offence to and I'm sure the waze staff would too.

If anyone blindly dismisses your reasoned logic then just ignore them too. I assure you I would not. I've been well known to have rants of my own on here, on twitter and in person.

We all want to see more from waze and the best way is to get involved constructively. I've seen many discussions like this one result in someone giving up completely. I've also seen just as many get involved and become waze champions in their area.

Personally I'm feeling a little disillusioned with waze at the moment as I have done before. But having put (considerable) time and effort in I'm persevering at the moment. I believe my current experience with waze is better than what you are experiencing and that is partly down to that effort. Do I get as much as I want from waze? No, not yet. Can I rely on it for navigation in areas I've overseen? Pretty much. Outside those areas I'm skeptical for sure but with our active and growing community those areas are shrinking all the time.

I'm in this for the long term and can envision a very useful, and dominant, product. That doesn't happen overnight though and unfortunately the current marketplace seems to demand instant satisfaction. Personally I love being part of the rise of Waze!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ
OnePlus One • Android 6.0.1
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor