The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by sketch
"Background" actually has to be off for the satellite photos to show. The "background" layer is the solid colour.

And I don't think GPS is really accurate enough to allow for such minute curvature adjustments based only on drivers. I think that what Waze adjusts is how "sticky" your car is to the roads.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
mysoulishome wrote:Cool to know. So Sketch what settings exactly do I need to try to get satellite images to show up? Can you give me a link to where they work so I can figure it out?
Here I have a permalink and a screenshot of my neighbourhood to show an example of a place with working satellite imagery. If the permalink doesn't work, try searching "4700 Richland Ave, Metairie LA" to see it.

As you can see, the only layers I have enabled are "Roads", "Restricted Turns", and "Update Requests", though as long as "Background" is disabled, you should be able to see the satellite images. I have heard in this forum, though, that there are places of the country with no satellite images available... hopefully this is not the case!

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=10& ... &super=yes
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by The Fej
For starters - there is indeed a bug I was not aware of until today with the geometry editing. We'll work to fix it.

Overall, regarding the questions raised in this thread, creating a circle is indeed the way to go and if that somehow turns into more straight lines, that is not the way it should work.
Overall what needs be done when creating a circle, is to adjust its radius and then not to 'play' with the geometry as it’s hard to make a circle manually.
If you do want to edit geometry (once the bug is fixed) all that is needed is to 'move' on the middle of each segment. This creates 2 segments, each with a middle of its own. Once you move the middle of those segments you create 4 segments, etc... That way you can create a U-shaped or a circle shaped segment.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message