The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Help! I made a mistake!

Post by skidmark8
I noticed an error on the map near where I work, so I decided to have a go at fixing it (it was my first edit, so be gentle with me).

Anyway, I selected to disable all connections and I can't reverse it!!

The id of the junction is 128412017

Please could someone reverse my mistake or make is so I can correct it?

Thanks very much

Yours apologetically
skidmark8

POSTER_ID:5720781

Send a message

Post by skidmark8
leo_lau wrote:fixed anyway. plesae check if I did it right or not.
Thanks. I'll check it tonight.
skidmark8
Send a message

Post by skidmark8
enfcer74 wrote:Well I have no editing rights in that area, but to explain why you can not update that intersection. Waze policy is that if any sections touching a node as is here is locked, the whole node is locked, unless you are an area manager or country manager for that area you then you can override it. We can always use good people interested in updating and correcting the maps, and always remember we all were once first time editors too. :D
Okay, how do I become an area manager, then? Failing that, how do I find an area manager?

There are many roads around here that are locked and need to be updated. It seems a bit daft to request roads to be unlocked everytime I try to correct an error and there's been lots of road developments in the last couple of years.

Mind you, if someone could unlock all roads around Nottingham and Leicester in the UK, that would be a start! ;)

Cheers
skidmark8
Send a message