The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by sketch
Okay, I got an email back.
Hi Sketch

You are right. We changed the naming of the roads in the cartouche (not sure if you remember how it was before, but there were a lot more road types) and now there is no 'dirt road' other than 4x4.

How about we name it (on the cartouche) "Dirt roads / 4x4 trails"? Will that be clear enough?

Dror
Basically, all a "4x4 trail" is is a dirt road. It doesn't mean anything other than that. There used to be a number of different types, but most of them were removed for simplicity's sake.

So, label the unpaved roads "4x4 Trails". The name may change, but the road will work the same way: it's just a normal dirt road that's gonna be avoided if the option is checked.

Hope that's clear enough! :)
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!