The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by m4rc072
adrianvrsa wrote:Cannot edit the category of Parking Lot

I have come across a few places that have been created in the app by users and the user has in error given the place the Parking Lot category. It appears to be impossible to change the category of a Parking Lot even if it is not a parking lot.

The only thing that I could do is delete the place and create a new one with the correct category.
Yes, because now the car parks are managed by a separate platform but still isn't on the Client only in WME.

Inviato dal mio OPO con tapatalk
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
For Italy we have created this file where we are collecting all the problems (Duplicated, Incorrect Place, etc...) https://goo.gl/iN33nB
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by RonRover
If you have an Android Phone, you can "find" the place, edit it in the app and change the category. At least for now, it works.

Good Luck!
Ron
RonRover
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by TimAThing
I'm getting dozens of "Parking Lot Input As Point" Map Problems showing up, mostly at places where there isn't a parking lot mapped at all (and, in most cases, shouldn't be), some at places where there's already an Area parking lot mapped.
TimAThing
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
L5, State Manager for NSW and Tasmania
Country Manager, Australia

Post by wimvandierendonck
I can be mistaken, but I can't imagine that the presence of a place would have an influence on routing.
Also, there is no reference to this in the parking lot place Wiki page. If this is a problem wouldn't it have been included by now?
wimvandierendonck
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message