The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Route suggested was way off

Post by edg180
I recently travelled to Heston Hyde Hotel, London from NW London and the route suggested that i stop on the m4! I had spoken to the hotel and they had told me how to get there.
Even using waze and even after arriving at my final destination waze was still telling me that I had a further 35 minutes to arrive!
Any ideas how to suggest a new route that gets you there!?
edg180

POSTER_ID:17390210

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
Hello! When navigating to places, Waze will route to whichever road segment passes closest to the stop point of the place. It pulls locations for places from its own map (search results with blue dots) and from external sources like Google (clear dots). I found the hotel that you traveled to in the Waze map editor here. Its stop point is closest to the parking road to the east, so it will route correctly, but the Google location is closer to the M4, so routing to that will stop you on the M4, and that appears to be what happened to you.

This is why we now have place linking in the map editor, so externally sourced places can be linked to Waze places and editors can fix problems like this directly instead of editing Google maps. When a user taps an external result that is linked, they will be routed to wherever the Waze place is. I can't edit in the UK, but to solve this problem, an editor with rank 3+ should link the Google place into the Waze place, and the Waze place's stop point should probably be moved over to the front door for good measure. Otherwise if that parking road gets moved a bit, routing for the hotel would go back to the M4.

I have requested an update in the UK editor request forum, so I'm sure someone will fix this soon.
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
Thank you for fixing this, Twister-UK.
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32