The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Waze map editor : points

Post by ASOFHEART
Dear,

I'd like to understand something about editing and points that i win by editing.
For example, i add a new school in my area and i add 10 different information (school name, address, phone number, hours of operation, wifi, toilettes ...), how many points do i get total?
1, 10, 30 ?

Ps: What about adding a new parking lot ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
ASOFHEART

POSTER_ID:17387625

Send a message

Post by ACADEMYPT
Hi Guys,

I need some help! I edited many segments already and I still have no points :(

Editings: 0

Why is that?

Thanks,

João Mota
ACADEMYPT
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message
Com os melhores cumprimentos / Warm Regards,

João Mota | Level 2 Editor | AM Pombal | Portugal

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by ACADEMYPT
Thanks
ACADEMYPT
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message
Com os melhores cumprimentos / Warm Regards,

João Mota | Level 2 Editor | AM Pombal | Portugal

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by ASOFHEART
Thanks!

I've seen this wiki before but i can't find the answer to my simple question!
Can you give me your tought ?

Thanks,

Othman

GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:Please see the wiki page here, it explains everything regarding points. Plus ranks!
ASOFHEART
Send a message

Post by ASOFHEART
Thanks man !!!

When you say 30 points, you mean 3 Points per detail added about the new place.
For parking lot we enter details also (price, valet ...) same thing? 3 points per details ?

Last question : 30 points goes to my general points or to my edits? or i win 30 general points and 1 more edit ?

Thanks !

GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:If you add every detail possible for a new place then you would earn 30 points. For a new parking lot, you earn 3 points for each segment you create, a new node, and connecting segments that you connect the parking lots to. There are roads that are above your editing rank and thus you will need to connect with your local editors. You can go to the wiki and search for your state and go to the bottom of the page and you will find the local editors.
ASOFHEART
Send a message

Post by erno37
Hello.

I have a problem.
Do not get the car driven road between December 6 and 16.During this time I drove about 1400 km and should receive 4900 points.
What is the problem?When will this problem be solved?
erno37
Send a message

Post by GeekDriverPeaceful
Please see the wiki page here, it explains everything regarding points. Plus ranks!
GeekDriverPeaceful
Send a message

If you add every detail possible for a new place then you would earn 30 points. For a new parking lot, you earn 3 points for each segment you create, a new node, and connecting segments that you connect the parking lots to. There are roads that are above your editing rank and thus you will need to connect with your local editors. You can go to the wiki and search for your state and go to the bottom of the page and you will find the local editors.
GeekDriverPeaceful
Send a message

Yes 3 points added per detail. The same applies to Parking Lot Areas. They are not fully implemented yet but people use the feature already as you can see nearby parking lots when you arrive at your destination. You gain one edit per place. All points and edits goes into your account. Everything goes together, not separate. You can see everything on your dashboard at waze.com/dashboard Have fun!
GeekDriverPeaceful
Send a message

Post by jcnina
There´s a Delay on Points update
see Here: http://status.waze.com/

Mmm just updated...
jcnina
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
jcnina
José Carlos Nina