The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Rfrsw101
xfelix wrote:is this to replace map chat? i cannot see alt+c work anymore.
Definitely not designed to replace map chat. As previous editors have mentioned, we drop a lot of [NOTE], i.e. "tagged" URs in a location to alert other editors to anything special going on. Now, instead of dropping a UR, we would create a Map Comment with the same information.
Rfrsw101
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by rmeatc_2
Is there a preferred format for comments and Title?
rmeatc_2
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
Now that these comments are enabled in Production, people should transition the various [NOTE] URs we scattered around on the map.
Robert04101
Send a message

Post by Robert04101
The color scheme for an Area Comment is almost indistinguishable from that of a Junction Box. Could one or the other be changed to make the difference clear, please?
Robert04101
Send a message

Post by RussPA
When you say "edit count", you mean save count, right? Edit count (ie. points) are not affected at all by map comments.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
GeekDriverPeaceful wrote:There is guidance from wiki indicating that a map comment should always be added if one uses a TOI (Turn Instruction Override). But really, I believe that using a TOI for a left Exit or obvious situation is over using the map comments. The number of map comments would exceed the number of URs with [NOTE]
I agree, a map comment should not really be required in many cases as the TIO will speak for itself (no pun intended).
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
LaughMask wrote:I think it would be useful for lower level editors to be able to comment on Map Comments that have been locked higher.
This is a highly requested feature already. Hopefully it will be incorporated into the next version.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
EDIT: nm

My mind was changed by the post below. :)
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SeveriorumPatrem on Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Are our requests for additional tweaks of any use being posted to this thread, will they be seen by the right people?

If so, a request: Enable automatic conversion of URLs to clickable links. In many cases of ongoing construction or events, there is a relevant web site to refer to. We can include those URLs in the comments, but it would be nice if they were immediately converted to links so that others don't have to copy and paste them into their browsers.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
n4dog wrote:There are way to many new editors that have no idea what to do and add map comments for places. And there is no way to find them to address them.

Or another personal favorite, adding MC to let us know the price of gas at that spot is wrong. :lol: :roll:
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message