The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

How to adjust place polygon's layer and frame point?

Post by ktheyes
I would like to ask how to adjust the places polygon's layer to make one above on another, such as to make a "lake" on a "park".
And also, I would like to know, is that able to reduce/delete some excess points of place polygon?
ktheyes
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:4732117

Send a message

Post by ktheyes
russblau wrote:In general, I believe places with larger areas are drawn before those with smaller areas, so that the smaller areas should appear "on top" of the larger ones. Not sure whether this is an iron-clad rule, though.
I have a case here:https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ueFilter=2
there is a park and a lake in the map, I drawn park before lake, I want the lake up on the park. except their overlapped area, each of them has some area bigger than the other. When I saw from live map, the park is on the lake, can this be fixed?
ktheyes
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ktheyes
ranttine wrote:Layer cannot be adjusted. Not sure what the drawing order actually is besides that "island" gets drawn on top of "sea / lake".

Excess points can be deleted by hovering mouse on top of the point and hitting 'd' with a keyboard.
thank you, I can excess the points now.
ktheyes
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ktheyes
ranttine wrote:
ktheyes wrote:I have a case here:https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ueFilter=2
there is a park and a lake in the map, I drawn park before lake, I want the lake up on the park. except their overlapped area, each of them has some area bigger than the other. When I saw from live map, the park is on the lake, can this be fixed?
Oh, that's a tricky one. I think the only way to make that render correctly is to draw the park so that it doesn't overlap the lake - ie also trace the shoreline.
That seems to be the most executable way right now. but take much more works. :(
ktheyes
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ranttine
Layer cannot be adjusted. Not sure what the drawing order actually is besides that "island" gets drawn on top of "sea / lake".

Excess points can be deleted by hovering mouse on top of the point and hitting 'd' with a keyboard.
ranttine
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by ranttine
ktheyes wrote:I have a case here:https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ueFilter=2
Oh, that's a tricky one. I think the only way to make that render correctly is to draw the park so that it doesn't overlap the lake - ie also trace the shoreline.
ranttine
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by russblau
In general, I believe places with larger areas are drawn before those with smaller areas, so that the smaller areas should appear "on top" of the larger ones. Not sure whether this is an iron-clad rule, though.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message