The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by gettingthere
dmcconachie wrote: Could leave it for a few days at least. Blitzing the layer every day, marking them unknown helps nobody.
You have your style in dealing with your area, I have mine. If I can't identify it or fix it it's going to be closed. I don't have time to be babysitting and looking and same UR's over and over again.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
Then fire me.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
mapcat wrote: I'd be content with just a little guilt on your part every time you close one. :p
We have begged Waze to make the process better. They have not. I am working with what they have provided. Why should I feed bad? If I can't solve it with the info and tools at hand this is Waze's fault, not mine. I am doing the best job that I can in the area that I have committed to do so. If someone if not happy with that they can take on the job themselves.

I am not going to create extra work and frustration for myself by leaving things in limbo waiting for some enhancement that may never arrive. That leads to the entire area flooded with Update Requests and then it's becomes overwhelming to deal with at all.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
In my area since the map is very mature most of the UR's that I come across are for things that can't be corrected in WME. So it depends in the area. Hence this is why this method won't work here. Nearly everything would be left open waiting for 'god' to intervene.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
There is not yet the functionally to edit gas station locations or brands in the USA. Only in the ROTW infrastructure. The gas station layer in the USA was imported from another source and is currently 'hidden' from the editors.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
doomedtx wrote:Understood, but this week when logging into WME, NA editors were presented with a message announcing the availability of toll roads and asking editors to create landmarks for gas stations. It seems that in NA at least Waze wants us to create landmarks for gas stations. That doesn't help the OP because the 2 Hess gas stations in the UR aren't accessible, but it might signal that we will have access soon (< 250,000 years or so).
Typical Waze style. Announce things before they are working, don't announce it at all, don't provide the proper guidance, etc.

I would recommend to wait until you can see the current gas station info in the editor before adding additional gas stations in the USA.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by mapcat
razor2k wrote:I hate to mark it as NI, but as of now I guess we have no choice :(
Why does everyone assume there are only two options?
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
1: mark fixed and close
2: mark not identified and close
3: leave it alone because 1 and 2 aren't appropriate in that situation

If you can't do anything about it, then don't, and don't tell the user that you did or that he should do something himself.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
razor2k wrote:That kind of seems like burying your head in the sand and hoping that the problem will just disappear. This is not a viable option to a real problem. If we can't do anything about it, then an "option" would be to forward it to somebody who can.
OK, then tell me who can and I will forward it.
mapcat
Send a message

Post by mapcat
Thanks for sharing your opinion on this. I've dealt with thousands of URs. I close what I can and ignore the rest. I think telling a user that you've fixed something you haven't fixed does not make Waze better. Nor does saying "give me more information and/or fix it yourself" when the user can't do either. Both of those actions make the user think Waze, or at the very least the person representing Waze in that particular instance, is jacked up.

Ignoring one makes the user--assuming he even remembers leaving that UR--think that, for whatever reason, the problem has not been solved yet.
mapcat
Send a message