Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Adding new gas stations - manual

Post by
Hi guys,

We added a new wiki article on how to edit new gas stations to Waze's maps.
Thank you Ron Jackson!

Here's the link- http://tinyurl.com/addWazegas

Ori

POSTER_ID:94248

Send a message

Post by aka_serge
Good job! Confirm duplicate wrong brands.

Отправлено с моего HTC One S через Tapatalk
aka_serge
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
mtbusa88 wrote:I am not able to add Gas Stations in the USA on the World Server. Is there a time frame to have this available? Thank you!
That makes no sense. Why would you even think to try that? The US map is not on the World Server. Please do not do things you do not understand.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
All the info is available in the wiki as well. You are encouraged to read the editing manual.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
What country are you in? (It would be helpful to at least add your country to your forum profile so it shows with your posts.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
SabbraCadabra wrote:Here in Brazil we have some "unbranded" gas stations, how should I name it?
Independent?
For the US at least, we put the name of the station/store in the Name, and leave the Brand blank. Do not select Unbranded.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by aleisa1400
In the United Arab Emirates (Dubai) fixed fuel prices at all stations at the state level
aleisa1400
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
mtbusa88 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
mtbusa88 wrote:I am not able to add Gas Stations in the USA on the World Server. Is there a time frame to have this available? Thank you!
That makes no sense. Why would you even think to try that? The US map is not on the World Server. Please do not do things you do not understand.
Thank you for replying with such encouraging message to my simple question. I was inquiring how I can add gas stations to my area, and the information I found in this forum stated that the gas station portion is only available on the world servers, however, I was not able to add that. So, my lack of understanding is directly related to the lack of information, not my ignorance of how to computers. So, if there is a resource that can assist people using the USA servers, that information should be more clearly described, so "idiots" like myself can better participate in this community.

Also, I was made aware of the toll road and gas station function on my droid app. That message did not mention that the Gas Station portion was only available one the world servers.

In the future, it would be more helpful to try to help those that want to see this project succeed, rather than treat them like idiots.
The root of the problem is your misunderstanding of the infrastructure... There is the NA Server (USA & Canada accessible at www.waze) and the ROTW Server (Rest Of The World at world.waze.com) & the Israeli Server. EVERYTHING is separate between the servers except usernames which NA & ROTW share (Israel is still separate), which is why a dashboard shows incorrect info when you log into the wrong server & why you can't edit roads in Europe on the NA server & can't edit in the USA on the ROTW server.

There are 2 Gas Prices infrastructure too... In ROTW, it uses the Gas Station landmarks to tell the system about Gas Stations that need prices. In NA, the locations of Gas Stations is provided by a 3rd party and we don't have access to that system (yet)...

All the info is available in this post: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23354

Bottom line, in the USA, you can't add stations to the list (yet).
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
emerson42 wrote:It seems like there is the ability to add Gas Station landmarks on the US editor, or at least I've been doing so. Perhaps they aren't linked to the actual display on the client, but they do exist in our map. I know our client has the corresponding gas stations as well.
They do display on the client... and suppress automatic traffic jams & problem reports of cars driving through them (and presumably filling up) while Waze is running...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by artuuras
In the Editor on INTL server under + sign, in addition to +road, +roundabout and +landmark we already have options +gas station and +parking lot.
Somebody, wiki editors, change The Wiki please. http://tinyurl.com/addWazegas I have not experience in that, I'm just map editor :(
artuuras
Send a message
WAZE'ing: Lithuania
WAZE 3.7.3.0 Samsung Galaxy mini Android 2.2.1

Post by artuuras
gorankav wrote:Maybe a word in this direction shall be added to the wiki.
+1

I use parking lot roads in this case. Is it ok ?
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=23.8 ... rks=358488
And some times on the road I can't see gas stations in my client. Even at max resolution. And I know it IS there in the map. Should I try to make it biger landmark ? How big? Or may be not a problem? ;) May be situaton will change when you, guys, switch gas stations ON in Lithuania?
artuuras
Send a message
WAZE'ing: Lithuania
WAZE 3.7.3.0 Samsung Galaxy mini Android 2.2.1