Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mapcat
techboi84 wrote:Should I add entry and exit points to the gas station from the main road(s)? If so, is it private road or parking lot road? Thanks! :)
If it's far away from the nearest road, and navigating in or out might be confusing, then yes, with some parking lot roads. Otherwise, why?
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mapcat
techboi84 wrote:Reason why I do it, people find entry points, and some station exits don't allow certain turns, so it's helpful to users. If it's in a rural area, I don't bother though for obvious reasons.
Do they work? My expectation is that Waze would direct the driver to the closest stub regardless of the direction he's headed. Assuming the stubs are functional--you added terminal junctions, right?
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by mtbusa88
I am not able to add Gas Stations in the USA on the World Server. Is there a time frame to have this available? Thank you!
mtbusa88
Send a message

Post by mtbusa88
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
mtbusa88 wrote:I am not able to add Gas Stations in the USA on the World Server. Is there a time frame to have this available? Thank you!
That makes no sense. Why would you even think to try that? The US map is not on the World Server. Please do not do things you do not understand.
Thank you for replying with such encouraging message to my simple question. I was inquiring how I can add gas stations to my area, and the information I found in this forum stated that the gas station portion is only available on the world servers, however, I was not able to add that. So, my lack of understanding is directly related to the lack of information, not my ignorance of how to computers. So, if there is a resource that can assist people using the USA servers, that information should be more clearly described, so "idiots" like myself can better participate in this community.

Also, I was made aware of the toll road and gas station function on my droid app. That message did not mention that the Gas Station portion was only available one the world servers.

In the future, it would be more helpful to try to help those that want to see this project succeed, rather than treat them like idiots.
mtbusa88
Send a message

Post by mtbusa88
Thank you for the clarification. I look forward to Waze adding the Gas Station functionality to the USA servers.

You were correct, I did not understand connective functionality of the systems, and your explanation of it helps me greatly.

Thank you again for your time...
mtbusa88
Send a message

Post by myoman
Thank you so much for the link it was very helpful I kept getting errors when saving
myoman
Send a message

Post by Nacron
Ok, now that we can fix gas stations on the US server, I have a question: when adding gas stations, why is it that the address field is not filled out on the new station in the phone client? I added a few missing stations in Hawaii and it just shows the brand of gas and phone number I provided.

image too big to embed
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by Nacron
Have another phantom gas station here:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-157.9 ... TT&env=usa

Shows up as FASTENTAL COMPANY. I know that fastenal is a hardware store, and they do not sell gasoline and further more their hawaii location is 25 miles from where this phantom gas station exists.

https://www.fastenal.com/web/locations/ ... !328485258
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE | Samsung S22 Ultra 5G
Waze Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM | West Virginia AM
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 50k_5c.png

Post by NasBrenton
I fixed the manual page for Australia so that it shows the correct information, However I think that the person who was making it was showing artistic license.
NasBrenton
Send a message

Post by orbitc
CBenson wrote:Last I heard was here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 3&p=399533
Your link is not working
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor