The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Create Junction - Not working

Post by supersleeper
I'm trying to create a node for intersecting roads. Keep getting "Can't apply fix". Any ideas?!?!?!?
supersleeper

POSTER_ID:72820

Send a message

Post by cobra
mobilla wrote:I am having the same issue:
http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... FFFFFTTTTT
Have you tried clicking on the [21] and selecting 'connect segments'?
cobra
Send a message

Post by itamar
Hello,

Until we fix the create junction problems you can try to use the split function to achieve the same effect.
A connect segments fix will be uploaded next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Itamar
itamar
Send a message

Post by mobilla
If I am doing it wrong by clicking the "Create Junction" link on either the 21 and the 1, then please direct me to the correct way to do it, if there is documentation out there that I missed, then please let me know where to look. I checked the wiki and didn't find quite what I was looking for, and searched the forums with this being the only thing that came up. I am fairly new to this and welcome any feedback.
mobilla
Send a message

Post by mobilla
Also, when i was trying before I did not get a "Connect Segments", it only suggested to create Junction, which failed with that error. Clicking the 1 and the 21 had the same result.
mobilla
Send a message

Post by supersleeper
mobilla wrote:I am having the same issue
I really don't get it.

98% of road crossings are normal road intersections, yet the 2% that aren't are the ones that take priority.....

...and we spend hours on this for free and can get even the most basic of replies. A little common courtesy wouldn't go astray. :oops:
supersleeper
Send a message

Post by supersleeper
supersleeper wrote:Have you tried clicking on the [21] and selecting 'connect segments'?
It's 1 isn't it? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I end up splitting the road and then connecting, - time consuming.....
supersleeper
Send a message

Post by supersleeper
Itamar,

I'll be waiting until you fix the create junction issue. I have a reasonably large are to look after and the use of the create junction function to date has created 3 or 4 times the amount of work that it should have. I now face the prospect that at each junction the software has created, I now need to join each individual element. That in itself is not difficult, however, there are a couple of hundred of these (at least) in my area. Idon't have the time to do that. Can you please address this issue, as it must be creating major issues with road connectivity that I was not aware of until wimble raised some issues.

The current functionality of "create junction" is an unmitigated disaster and needs to be addressed immediately - otherwise those editing their maps with this function wil spend the next several months linking together individual roads that the function failed to link during the junction creation.
supersleeper
Send a message