The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

cant enter address

Post by NickT02LS
I am feeling realy stupid right now. I downloaded the app to my android, I hit settings then navigate and it brings me to where I need to enter address, at this point I can enter letters and numbers/addresses but no suggestions pop up for me to choose. I finish typing in address and there is no enter anywhere either for the navigation to have a location??? What am I doing wrong???
:x
NickT02LS

POSTER_ID:9262674

Send a message

Post by CBenson
I think this depends on your keyboard. When I enter the address, on my keyboard there is a button on the bottom right of the keyboard with a magnifying glass icon that when pressed causes the search to occur. What device are you using?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by KB_Steveo
If you are using the swype keyboard, you have to press the enter key on the keyboard. (mine shows it in the bottom right corner of the keyboard) kind of annoying when the keyboard does its auto hide thing.

Also, if you want to add more details to a problem report, you need to use the back button on your phone to get the keyboard to go away so you can press submit - also annoying. :wink:

Sent with Tapatalk, my new drug of choice
KB_Steveo
Send a message
images/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png[img]https:///nRpy81[/img]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator

Post by NickT02LS
Thanks for the replies, is on the keyboard, I use go keyboard, shows in lower right corner like a search icon. I was expecting it to show a list of results as you typed for you to choose, like if you start typing in 50 smith lane it will show many results until you narrow it down more when you type in your city, like my google maps does and then you choose the correct listing.

Thanks again, now does it talk while you are driving to navigate???
NickT02LS
Send a message