The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Disappearing map features

Post by ivanvector_yyz
I've been working on map features for a while around Prince Edward Island, Canada. I had created a few parking lots, points of interest, rivers and bodies of water at various places around the island. I see today that a bunch of them have disappeared. Is there a way for me to see what happened to a feature I created? I'd like to know why things I'm working on are being deleted, if that's what's happening.
ivanvector_yyz

POSTER_ID:17130998

Send a message
ivanvector_yyz
Area Manager, Prince Edward Island

Post by AigarsABCD
Thank you for your effort!
Unfortunately, the problem is still there.
I can see that previously created points are now better - they do not disappear anymore.
But if I create a new point, it disappears again.
Typically, it shows once every 3-10 refreshes.

Thanks!
AigarsABCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AigarsABCD
https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=r ... 851&zoom=8

"Test" point was created on January 6. It became permanent the next day.
"Test2" point was created on January 7. It has not become permanent so far.
"Test3" point was created on January 10. It is not permanent.
AigarsABCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by AigarsABCD
Hi!
Is there any update on this?
It also seems to be an issue in the Waze app when doing the search.

When I search for on of my places, it always comes up in the quick results, but then if you click it, sometimes it goes to navigation, but sometimes it goes to full search results.
AigarsABCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AigarsABCD
I have just this morning noticed the same issue happened to map comments.
I had never noticed this with map comments before.
What is going on??
AigarsABCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CreekOfJohn
Most likely, someone deleted the place. I don't know of a way to find out who, other than asking around. May want to post the question in your local forum/chat.
CreekOfJohn
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by cw1998
I've been experiencing this for a long time now.
It's resulting in a lot of duplicated places appearing that are being added by editors who mean well.

To get around this, I've found that hitting the reload button beside undo 5-10 times will usually show the place eventually. The same goes with saving - if you modify one of these disappearing places, and you get an error, just keep trying; it will go through eventually.
cw1998
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ivanvector_yyz
I have some scripts installed but I don't know if URO+ is one of them - what features does that provide?

Seems unlikely to me that it's hidden, the two that seem to have disappeared were both rivers, and other rivers I created are still there, including one that flows into one that disappeared. Like, the main river is gone but the branch is still there. I hope it's a bug, otherwise someone's going around indiscriminately deleting things.

A while back I created some parking lots that I know were deleted, only because for one that I made I had to move a grocery store that someone else created covering the entire parking lot area, and I could see in the history who undid that change. Then I looked up their editing history and there's a record that they also deleted all my parking lots, but never bothered to contact me to explain why. So, there's a deletion record somewhere if that's what happened, but maybe there's no easy way to look it up.

I also thought maybe the features are disappearing at different zoom levels, but that's not it.
ivanvector_yyz
Send a message
ivanvector_yyz

Post by ivanvector_yyz
It's hard to tell since it's a body of water that appears on the map anyway, just not correctly. I guess what's on the map is my feature and not the basemap, since it has a name but other water features that haven't been created in WME don't show names on the map. But it's still not showing up in WME. I guess I'll just wait and see if it shows up again.
ivanvector_yyz
Send a message
ivanvector_yyz

Post by ivanvector_yyz
Alright there must have been a tile update yesterday, a few new features I drew in just showed up this morning, and the one that disappeared but was still on the map is back in the editor today. Weird.
ivanvector_yyz
Send a message
ivanvector_yyz