The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Bugged area (can't edit roads, lots of saving errors etc)

Post by syberjj
There is an area I have been trying to fix for quite some time now, but every few roads I try to fix I end up on some bugged road that can't be edited. It always gives an error when trying to save.

This is getting worse by the day as users are resorting to creating "alternative editable roads" "on top" of the bugged ones and those end up bugged as well, so the mess is bigger by the day.

The general bugged area would be around this:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=0&l ... TTTTTTTTFT

First example of uneditable roads (with lots of altrenative roads already created):
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&l ... TTTTTTTTFT

I am able to fix some of this by using some workarounds (creating new roads, renaming and deleting, slowly allows me to get rid of the broken pieces) but it would be of great help if someone could see what is wrong with that general area.

Thanks!
syberjj

POSTER_ID:920730

Send a message
"Curta" o grupo oficial do Waze de Porto Alegre no facebook e passe para seus amigos:
Waze Porto Alegre

Grupos oficiais da comunidade:
  • Porto Alegre (ativo)
  • Praias RS e SC

Post by DonJ2
syberjj wrote:There is an area I have been trying to fix for quite some time now, but every few roads I try to fix I end up on some bugged road that can't be edited. It always gives an error when trying to save.
It looks like you're experiencing database sync issues and "ghost segments". I'm starting to see many sync errors on the NA server too. I've lost confidence in the system and will not edit again until it's fixed.

Don
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2

Post by Olestas
Cooperate with other area editors on this region... have you tried national subforum first?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
I have looked at the links, but unfortunately due to other country cannot try anything :D
What happens, when you delete the road?
And try writing about this as PM to some of the actual mods...
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by syberjj
olestas wrote:Cooperate with other area editors on this region... have you tried national subforum first?
The problem is not lack of permissions or lack of knowledge of how to edit the map. I have built a whole city from scratch without any problems.
The thing is this area wont allow anyone to edit the roads.

If you take the time to actually follow the links I posted you will see the double and triple roads one over another working as an ugly workaround to avoid the bugged roads which can't be edited, deleted, moved or even linked to (the conection to those roads always gives an error).
syberjj
Send a message
"Curta" o grupo oficial do Waze de Porto Alegre no facebook e passe para seus amigos:
Waze Porto Alegre

Grupos oficiais da comunidade:
  • Porto Alegre (ativo)
  • Praias RS e SC