Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by RussPA
PaGuyAE86 wrote:Thanks. Any ideas on how to "send an Update Request" in the app?
Also, so something is supposed to happen when I touch the white dot???
When you tap the dot, it should bring up the map comment entry in the pane on the left side. It doesn't always work in the app, you can try from a computer if you want to add more to the map comment.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
Check the inbox in your app. Tap the magnifying glass down in the corner, then tap your name at the top, then tap Inbox and you should see the reply there that you can respond to.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
I checked that area of the map and I see your report. It's been closed by another editor, which is probably why you can no longer see it, they disappear from the map after they've been closed. I'm not sure why you aren't seeing them in your Inbox, but after you send a report, you should see it in the editor if you follow that link. Just check the layers tab in the upper right corner, make sure Issues -> Map -> Update Requests are all checked and you should see the yellow UR bubble.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
We'll pass the message along to him, either he'll respond or someone else will help you if he doesn't get back to you. Where is this store you were reporting?
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
When an editor responds to a user, the reply goes to their Waze inbox as well as their registered email address. The email is indeed from a no-reply address, but you should be able to respond via your app inbox. You can find out how to access it here. If you are not getting responses to your app inbox, some regions have email addresses you can send responses to. What region of the world are you reporting this issue in?
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by Sean-Ryan_Sullivan
I made an edit on a map and I keep getting messages about a waze editor user wanting to ask me a question but every time I click on the link to log into the map editor I see no messages in my notification list. I also do not see any messages in my inbox on the waze app. It is an error that needs to be corrected but I have no way to answer this 'editor'.

phuz on 08.28.2019 05:45 AM:

We'd still like to help with your report if you are willing to provide additional information. If you need help locating the inbox in the Waze app, see here: ( ) Thanks!
Sean-Ryan_Sullivan
Send a message

Post by Sean-Ryan_Sullivan
Thank you. I probably would have never seen this message without your assistance. Thanks again!
Sean-Ryan_Sullivan
Send a message

Post by SecOndW1nd
I tried to respond using the link in my email but it won’t take me to a place to respond directly to your questions.

Your explanations make sense...

Hope this helps
SecOndW1nd
Send a message

Post by shmupi
joamla96 wrote:I made a report about a turn not being allowed and i recieved an email about a comment but when i click the link in the email, nothing happens.
Try to activate the ur layer. Closed and open ones

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by shmupi
hoeggeq wrote:When I report a map error and get an e-mail with a questions from a person trying to fix it, the url in the email does not lead me to anywhere but the map - there is no info on who asked about what and anywhere to answer. It also says I can reply in the app and the app notifies me, but there is no message anywhere in the app (iOS) but the weekly reports. Isn't something wrong? It used to work.

thanks Hoegge
If the request is closed you will not be able to comment

Try to activate the closed ur's layer under wme

Use chrome or Firefox from a desktop/laptop computer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message