Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Timbones
It sounds like your Update Request may have already been closed by another editor.

If you know the name of the person who had replied to you originally, you can send them a Private Message via this forum.

Hope that helps...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by turbomkt
I'm one of the State Managers for California. Don't hesitate to send me a message if you have communication issues in the Bay area. If I can't resolve it, I'll find a local editor who can.

In addition to monitoring the California channel in the forums here, and PMs, we are active in Discord.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 16
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
As for the link in the e-mail - using a computer you can follow that link to see what we see as editors. If the report does not show up, click the layers icon in the top right corner then make sure Map Update Requests are enabled.

With this view you can see a lot more detail than what's in your inbox on the phone.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
Try following this link and then opening the link from the e-mail:
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... 019&zoom=3
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
usa_yab53tvc wrote:Info above was very helpful BUT once I get to my messages there is no way to reply.
If the report is closed you will not be able to respond. You can only respond to closed reports through the link in the e-mail.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
howch99 wrote:I sent in an inquiry re: a map segment. I got an a request for more information and replied via the app. I received an answer which i don not agree with and have no opportunity to reply via the app this time. I have the link in an email but cant figure out where to reply in the map editor..
The other way to log in with report layer enabled is to use a link like this then open the link from the e-mail.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
G_W1Z wrote:
pdxyota wrote:Waze, stop sending me requests for more information from "no-reply" emails. It's 100% impossible to reply from within the app, and it's been that way from DAY 1 of the app, and all you do is send messages from "no-reply" emails... It's almost like you WANT me to use Google maps instead....
In recent years Waze has added the pop-up for replies to reports. It shows right when you open the app. You can find your messages by tapping search on the bottom left then your icon/avatar for My Waze and then inbox.

The emails give a link to the Waze map so that you can view the area.
If you prefer to respond using a computer, Waze makes it a little hard. The layer for reports is turned off by default. If you open this link and log in (if prompted), the layers will be set to show the reports. Then you can follow the link from the e-mail. The good news is you only have to do this once.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
Use this link, then open the link from the e-mail.
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/?env= ... 019&zoom=3

For the app, tap My Waze then your name to find the inbox - it should be the first option after Go Invisible.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
I think there is more going on here than you think. I have sent @phuz a message to look here and send you a direct message via chat.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
DOCredUSN wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:16 pm I have continuous problems with map editor “Phuz” wazenortheast+phuz@gmail.com. I’ve been reporting a road closed through the app, with picture and duration. However, the road keeps being opened again because people who live local are driving on it and then map editors are reopening the road. Every time I report it, I’m asked to provide more details, and it’s getting really annoying. This “Phuz5” shares the same message every time…
phuz(5) August 05, 2023Please remember to reply with details about your reported issue. Without details, we cannot fix your problem. You can also email wazenortheast+phuz@gmail.com with your details.
Why do I need to “remember to reply” when I’ve already added the details. The road gets closed properly, and then someone is reopening the road incorrectly. 
how can I escalate issues with this editor?

Something else to keep in mind...other than if we are paying attention to the wording used, there is no way to know that two reports are from the same person.   We also deal with a large number of reports across entire states.  We have little hope to respond to everyone if we don't use some copy and paste verbiage. 

How did you report the closure with picture?  Via the app as you say?  Or did you send something to the e-mail address provided?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike