How to respond to map editors  Topic is solved

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Can't respond to map issue queries from editors

Postby cantareSF » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:50 pm

I did look in my Inbox...nothing there but report summaries and traffic alerts.
cantareSF

Re: Can't respond to map issue queries from editors

Postby cantareSF » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Thanks. I checked the map link after the initial query, while the report was still open, but I didn't know to add the issues-->map layer, so it didn't show up then either. But I'll know to do this next time.

That detail about activating layers & looking for the bubble should probably be added to the e-mail alert. The current language makes it sound like you're opening a direct messaging session with the editor, so when you land on a map grid with nothing relevant showing, it is confusing to first-timers.
cantareSF

Can't reply to Map Editor volunteer

Postby cassiesstuff » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:51 pm

I submitted a map error and received a reply from a volunteer asking for more information. When I tried to reply with that information via the app, I repeatedly got a "page not found" error. What do I do now?

Cassie
Westerville, Ohio USA
cassiesstuff

Re: Respond to message from volunteer editor

Postby Chandar » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Having these pointers here in the forum is useless to average users. Either put the suggestion about how to respond to editor comments in the email or on Waze map editor. For years, I have repeatedly failed to find a way to respond to editor comments and had stopped responding completely.

The Waze app helpfully tells you you have a comment from an editor. You click on continue, and there is no way to respond that I can see.

Put how to find and respond to the issues in the email, the pop-up, or someplace that the response takes you too, or stop asking for responses.
Chandar

Re: Unable to reply to Inbox message from volunteer

Postby Chris_in_Makati » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:58 am

EricVanstory wrote:Nope! There is no place at the bottom of the message I received a response from a Waze Volunteer to enter my response. There is nothing there to enter the response into! iphone running iOS 11.

I have the same problem on iOS. There doesn't seem to be any way to reply to an inbox message. Why would Waze release an app like that? The only way seems to be to go back to the My Friends menu and initiate a new message from there.
Chris_in_Makati
Area Manager
Area Manager

How to respond to map editors

Postby cl1ffjumper » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi!

I've searched as best I can, and cannot find an answer to this.

Here's the situation: Waze repeatedly consistently asks me to make an incorrect turn on my route, and I report the problem using the app from my phone.

Later, I get an email saying:

"You received a comment on the map issue you reported, from 12.27.2014 on Exit 8: Rancho Penasquitos Blvd, San Diego. An editor from the Waze mapping community wants to solve the problem, but needs some more information.

au***** on 01.05.2015 10:02 AM:

Hi there! Could you please provide more information about your reported map error (including start location and destination)? If we don't hear back in a few days we will close this map error. Thanks!"

When I click the link, it takes me to the map where the issue is, but there is not an obvious way to respond to the question. How do I respond? What am I missing on the map editor? I don't see any dialogue box for communications or messages.

Thanks! Hope this is helpful to other people, who would like to be helpful and fix a repeating problem, but are unable to explain what's happening.
cl1ffjumper

Re: Cannot respond to question about map edit

Postby cl1ffjumper » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:24 pm

That doesn't answer my question.

I receive an EMAIL. With a link, and instructions to click the LINK to reply. After doing so, there is no apparent way to reply. THAT is the focus of my question. Is this a broken feature of the website, or is something there on the page that I'm missing?
cl1ffjumper

Re: Cannot respond to question about map edit

Postby cl1ffjumper » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:58 pm

THAT does indeed answer my question. Thank you so much - especially for the screen shots!
Very helpful!!
cl1ffjumper

Re: Can't reply to Map Editor volunteer

Postby ct13 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:15 pm

I also encountered the "page not found / unavailable" issue.

Additionally, I have not gotten in-app notifications or messages for 3 editor responses to URs I had submitted. The only response I got on URs that I created, was for one that I had already closed and had another editor respond to it.
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Re: Can't reply to Map Editor volunteer

Postby ct13 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Another issue that makes it difficult to respond to update requests from the app is the blank map snippets.
*edit* running 3.9.6.1 on iOS 9 beta 2 -> iPhone 5s
Blank Map Snippet.PNG
Blank Map
(70.71 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor